Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Accidents

-Axton-

I accidentally hit someone at an intersection in Ely tonight. I had a green light but I made a bonehead move steering with keyboard and hit his trailer. I didn't have coms setup and forgot what the text chat key was until he was out of range.  I felt so bad. He was upset and made that clear over the CB radio, which made me feel even worse. I forget his name but if he's out there know that I apologize.

95% of the so called truck drivers, run the red lights. Chances are you got in the way of his running the red light, hence he was mad at you for having a green light. Don't sweat it, 25% - 50% of the drivers are ass wipes that never stop for a red light, will ram into you, push you out of the way, do all kinds of crazy crap, convoys 3-5 trucks will run a small windy road as fast as they can screaming at everyone to get out of their way. Some of the convoy runners think they own the road and every one not in their convoy, should jump out of their way.

Then there is the LAG, which gets real bad, I have a 93-99 ms connection with a  megabit connection, even using wtfast,  at times it is so bad it is unplayable. I play a lot of online games, number of steam, and others. Have the usual occasional lag spikes, but nothing as bad as TruckersMP. TruckersMP has a horrible net code, combined with limited server bandwidth. City's and lots of trucks is unplayable. I play on some games like PlanetSide 2 that have thousands playing, yet much better connection and a lot less lag than TruckerMP. It always gets bad when around other trucks, much more so in city's with traffic lights, so besides the ass wipe being a red light runner, there was most probably a lag spike, nothing you can do about that.  Don't sweat it, and don't let the tuff talkers get to you, they only talking tuff because they know they are safe behind their computer monitor. Since they know they are in the wrong, they usually attack first, as that is their first line of defense. 

9 minutes ago, kleetus said:

95% of the so called truck drivers, run the red lights. Chances are you got in the way of his running the red light, hence he was mad at you for having a green light. Don't sweat it, 25% - 50% of the drivers are ass wipes that never stop for a red light, will ram into you, push you out of the way, do all kinds of crazy crap, convoys 3-5 trucks will run a small windy road as fast as they can screaming at everyone to get out of their way. Some of the convoy runners think they own the road and every one not in their convoy, should jump out of their way.

Then there is the LAG, which gets real bad, I have a 93-99 ms connection with a  megabit connection, even using wtfast,  at times it is so bad it is unplayable. I play a lot of online games, number of steam, and others. Have the usual occasional lag spikes, but nothing as bad as TruckersMP. TruckersMP has a horrible net code, combined with limited server bandwidth. City's and lots of trucks is unplayable. I play on some games like PlanetSide 2 that have thousands playing, yet much better connection and a lot less lag than TruckerMP. It always gets bad when around other trucks, much more so in city's with traffic lights, so besides the ass wipe being a red light runner, there was most probably a lag spike, nothing you can do about that.  Don't sweat it, and don't let the tuff talkers get to you, they only talking tuff because they know they are safe behind their computer monitor. Since they know they are in the wrong, they usually attack first, as that is their first line of defense. 

What they said ^^^

depending on the situation, i can tell if someone who hit me was an accident ie someone hitting the side of my trailer near the back of it at a low speed, i would chalk that up to miss judging the turn and wouldnt be as upset as if someone who was driving as fast as the could and hit me. i would chalk that up to rude children. the first person, i would tell them to be more mindful to their sournddings, the  latter i would report with out question. accidents happen both in game and irl. it is all how you as a person handle it that matters.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @-Axton-,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day lots of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum organized and active in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

Archived