Do You Think Punishments Are Fair?

Rahmi

Most of us met these guys that drive onto us intentionally while they are coming from opposite direction. I met them a few times this week but didn't report them because i was not rammed. Yesterday I was editing a report video and I included one of these guys to my video. Today I checked my report and this guy was not banned for his action. But the guy in the second video is doing same thing and he was banned for 1 day.

Let's watch videos first.

Video 1 - No Punishment (Watch after 0:15):

Video 2 - Banned for 1 day:

Why is 2nd guy banned and 1st one isn't? Aren't both actions same? There is a topic about "different admins have different punishments" which you can find here: http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/6002-symmetric-admins/#entry44703

2 posts from this topic:

"that one could be offensive or on purpose making damage to others also depend on the situation

so we have ramming and ramming on purpose that 2 different aspect"

"Not every case is equal that's why they don't treat every kick or ban equally. It depends of the situation that is going on."

In this case, is there a difference that i am missing? The only diffence is I am slower than 2nd guy.

I don't actually care about it and I know it's not a big deal. I just want to know what do you think about it. Is it a prohibited action? Do you think punishments are fair? Please share your opinions.

He didnt crash you

Did you read my all post? I know he didn't crash. The guy in the 2nd video also didn't crash but he was banned for 1 day. What is the difference between these 2. I don't want him to be banned. I just want to know if it requires ban.

I think the reason of ban was trolling. Both guys were trolling but only 2nd guy was banned?  :blink:

KacakTV was the admin who banned 2nd guy, and zmaster1985 didn't ban 1st guy for his action. Maybe they can explain why their decisions were different.

thats strange,as far i heard zmaster is rather strict admin (no offense or anything ,never came in contact with you ingame for offenses or anything just what i heard :P )

anyway yeah its very annoying this behaviour.they try too scare you and make you crash in worst case scenario(happend to me before too )i dont see any diffrence indeed and i think personaly its worth a punnishment.

I assume that because the offender in Video 1 dodged it quickly, Zmaster might have thought it was an "honest mistake" and just let it pass. However KacaKTV might think it was actually done on purpose so he decided to hit Offender 2 with a ban. Just my opinion :P

Regards,

Ken (Lemmonez)

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

I know russian bears.. they attacked me as well. I believe the one who rammed me still hasnt got banned and this was weeks (!) ago.

But why did you do almost 90 km/h on a 60 km/r-road????

Founder/Owner @  SwecLogistics VTC  A Swedish VTC, delivering all kind of goods, safe deliveries anywhere

I know russian bears.. they attacked me as well. I believe the one who rammed me still hasnt got banned and this was weeks (!) ago.

But why did you do almost 90 km/h on a 60 km/r-road????

Second video is not mine. I found it in Turkish forums. My 310 HP engined Stralis can hardly reach 70 km/h  :lol:

Vid 1: Remember that we can only take action against what we see in game. Make a report on the forum with that video and it will be dealt with.

Vid 2: People swerving over into the other lane like that repeatedly is nothing new, and can be considered trolling as well as attempted ramming with desync, as they could hit your truck on your screen, damaging you, without hitting you on their own screen, leaving them undamaged and driving away.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Vid 1: Remember that we can only take action against what we see in game. Make a report on the forum with that video and it will be dealt with.

Vid 2: People swerving over into the other lane like that repeatedly is nothing new, and can be considered trolling as well as attempted ramming with desync, as they could hit your truck on your screen, damaging you, without hitting you on their own screen, leaving them undamaged and driving away.

I already reported it but no actions taken. Here is my report: http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/10072-multiple-reports/#entry71499

What I understand is if Warrior was the admin who dealt with my report, he would ban him for his action. Punisments shouldn't be depending on admin who deals with report. Please make it clear, is this action should be punished or not? Please don't say it wasn't intentional. He drives in his lane and and he swerving over into my lane with a perfect timing.

What Master12 said is accurate...

If he had indeed touched you (hit you) or made you go into the side of the road and hit somekind of barrier or even a tree (lol) the outcome would have been diferent... he would have probably cought 2-3 days!

Did he troll?? yes... In case of troll that does not causes accident I usualy kick from server as a warning for the user to be more carefull next time! But since this situation didn't happen "Live"... it was reported in the reporting section you cant realy kick someone from server for something that happened the day before!

All in all... you cant just ban everyone because you feel like it... Ingame Admins have to be fair and not abuse the power that was given to them! In some situations a server ick is enough... this was a situation like that!

@ASPHALTBLASTER: you say no action was taken on your report... but truth is... I banned 3 of the people you reported... just not the one guy that tried to troll you but didn't cause an accident!

Regards, Z

ETS2MP Admin

TS3 Server Admin

76561198099032395.png

Thanks for explaining zmaster, I undestand whyyou didn't ban him.

What Master12 said is accurate...

If he had indeed touched you (hit you) or made you go into the side of the road and hit somekind of barrier or even a tree (lol) the outcome would have been diferent... he would have probably cought 2-3 days!

Is this rule written in somewhere? If it is written, why did KacakTV ban the guy in 2nd video? Was the guy unlucky, because the admin who dealt with report thought this action requires a ban? You should judge based on rules, not your opinions. What if I create another report with a video that including the guys who did same action before and post it to report section in Turkish forum? KacakTV would ban them like he did in past. Would it be fair?

@ASPHALTBLASTER: you say no action was taken on your report... but truth is... I banned 3 of the people you reported... just not the one guy that tried to troll you but didn't cause an accident!

I was talking about this part of video, not my all reports. Sorry for misunderstanding.

i understand a kick is a worthy punnishment,but i personaly think an attempt too scare someone and crash him is worth a day ban.its just the way you look at it.

I have to agree with this 100%. Most admins base punishments on their own standards. There is no structure. One admin may ban a player, but the next person he'll just let free with maybe a warning. This is where biased admins come into play. Of course, no one will accept the fact that there are biased people.

39.png

I have to agree with this 100%. Most admins base punishments on their own standards. There is no structure. One admin may ban a player, but the next person he'll just let free with maybe a warning. This is where biased admins come into play. Of course, no one will accept the fact that there are biased people.

This. THIS !!!

This needs to be said more often.

+1 !

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

I can tell that I reported one guy in the forums for going wrong way and ramming me twice, first time damaged my truck badly so I loaded an autosave and of course, I found the guy again and of course he rammed me again (no damage this time as I was aware and managed to stop my truck just before being hit). Posted video evidence for both crashes, and even a link to another post in the Polish forum reporting the same guy for blocking and ramming, and he was banned... For like 3 hours, and this was during nightime, so he probably didn't even get to know he had been banned and just kept driving today as if nothing happened... I really think he deserved a longer ban, people need to see that there are punishments for their own wrongdoings, but it's not in my hands to decide.

Another example of most admins don't care about players' opininons. Maybe they are right, we are just poor, worthless players.

Actually, like Movvy said, the social structure of mp is like a tree. Without the roots (Players) there won't be the canopy (Staff) :)

I have to agree with this 100%. Most admins base punishments on their own standards. There is no structure. One admin may ban a player, but the next person he'll just let free with maybe a warning. This is where biased admins come into play. Of course, no one will accept the fact that there are biased people.

And actually, biased people are everywhere. Lets say you are a reporter from the Renaissance era. You worship your king and acts as if he is a god or something. It's only natural for you to exaggerate all the positive facts about him, and try to twist the negative facts about him into more or less a positive fact. This is natural human psychology.

But yes, I do agree with you. Admins should have a way of doing things, more or less equally.

Regards,

Ken (Lemmonez)

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

I don't also think that punishment are fair enough here ... Last night I recorded a video and reported on forum...what I get as a prize is Ban for reckless driving :D

My explanation is :  If you had been watched the video carefully u would see that after he rams my trailer my truck collapse to the wall and I m losing my trucks control and he keeps pushing me to the road !!!!!

What admin sees : Still doesn't change the fact you rammed someone coming out of the company... and even if your trying to catch a troller that's still considered Reckless driving!

In my opininon this can just be called as a joke..

And my clear Ban history is now at trash ... 

I see lots of players ramming blocking insulting in game and generally nothing happens even if you report them you have to be lucky that an Admin will check it immediately becouse if they don't it fast generally the action is over.. After I checked some admin live cams (twitch) I see that they respond the reports a bit late ( cos there are lots) and when they are on the scene they generally see trucks at service or driving alone properly and delete the report...

After my experience with that Recording player and report it on forum I think I will give up cos it is unfair .....

PS: unbanned but still that Reckless driving ban in my history :P

The guy in vid 1 does an illegal overtake (see solid white line) and does it while being in a bend where there's no way he can see if there's someone coming in the opposite lane. Thats's reckless driving in my book and I see people being banned for it all the time, so why not this time?

Regards, Z

ETS2MP Admin

TS3 Server Admin

Just a friendly suggestion that it would be much better if you wrote the action taken for each perpetrator, instead of simply "solved".  An example post by iReacher showing action taken: http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/10686-wrong-way-driving-blocker/?p=76628

Iron Spirit above this post also has a misunderstanding as well.  Using Sherlockian skills of deduction, we see that 4 bans were requested but only 3 were given.  We know which player was not banned so said illegal overtaker mentioned by Iron Spirit has indeed been banned!

I do agree with the spirit of this thread in that, more consistent punishments need to be given.

Archived