Multiple TruckersMP Accounts?

Tayyyyyyyyyy

Just out of curious, is it allowed to own multiple accounts on TMP? Since the rule only stated that player could only be banned if he/she was caught using another TMP account to evade his/her ban, and it does not mentioned that whether one could own multiple accounts. If the case was allowed, then what's the points of allowing the creation of multiple accounts? If not, is it possible to report players that own multiple TMP accounts? Hoping this topic could encourage everyone to think of any loopholes of the rules and improve the virtual trucking environment :)

My opinion is that the intention of creating multiple TMP accounts was to create backup plans to evade any possible permanent bans. If one used to follow the rules of TMP and play properly, there's no reason of doing so... ?

Hello , @Tayyyyyyyyyy

§1.2 - Ban Evading

Creating or using another account to get around a temporary or permanent ban. If the evidence points that you have ban evaded, Managers reserve the right to ban you again without notification. 

You are right but in some cases players resort to different situations , Different programs or things like IP exchange are being done to prevent the ban 

In order to prevent this, the necessary information is stored and the administrators apply the necessary ban.

Delete account option only avoids seeing your account to other users, But all the information of your account is already stored.

And like you said it's a strange situation but it can be used for different purposes

Kind Regards,
DieseL.

Kind Regards,

DieseL.

TruckersMP | Pirate Driver

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Thank you for answering guys :),

I see you guys' points ?. However, in my opinion, people having two or more TMP account is actually unfair to other players as they can minimize their chance of getting a pernament ban in general. To be more specific, people are able to create another accounts when they reached their 4th ban and avoid getting a permanent ban by doing so... (especially for those who troll for fun in the game)

The way I see it is players are allowed to own multiple accounts, they did pay for them and with all the DLC's that price can get quite high depending on the time of year when you purchase etc. This can lead to the problem of people using them to ban evade when banned or to avoid getting permanently banned when they reach 5 Active bans. But How could anyone prove that someone actually has multiple accounts without themselves actually telling you?? I guess this is just a problem we will just have to live with.  Put it this way, as long as you aren't doing it or ban evading yourself then there should be no need to worry about it. Let the Game moderators do their work and occasionally ban these bad players when they can. Does this anser you question?

Yeah, that's true @...AdamCat. It is true that there's no way to stop people from doing those acts and they deserve to pay for their consequences of being banned with actual money. However, the idea of this topic just came up of nowhere, and I was wondering is there's any way to prevent these phenomenons in the future. Thanks for answering though ? Just looking for some ideas and no need to be serious ?

I'm not sure if it's possible but they could start using a similar banning system to discord where it not only bans the account but also the IP Address. This could very well be a way of making sure perma banned players don't return to the roads. This may also allow them to have a IP address indicator which informs upper-staff of when a multiple accounts are made on the same IP address, although this may cause problems for users who genuinely have multiple family members of friends who live together and also play the game together. So there may need to be a proving system.

1 hour ago, ...AdamCat said:

I'm not sure if it's possible but they could start using a similar banning system to discord where it not only bans the account but also the IP Address. This could very well be a way of making sure perma banned players don't return to the roads. This may also allow them to have a IP address indicator which informs upper-staff of when a multiple accounts are made on the same IP address, although this may cause problems for users who genuinely have multiple family members of friends who live together and also play the game together. So there may need to be a proving system.

I wouldn't see this as a viable option.

Most people don't have a static IP address, so when their router restarts or their lease expires, they will get a new public IP and be able to rejoin.

Additionally, there's a small chance that a banned IP address could be assigned to someone who doesn't have a ban and then that person would receive a permanent ban for ban evading.

Regards,

quality_productions

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

So yes you are allowed to own multiple accounts. You are just not allowed to use any of these accounts if one of them is banned. Cause that is ban evading and that means all your accounts gets banned. And yes we can check to see if your accounts has been used while another was banned. I cant tell you how its done and all that. But we can check for that. But as long as you dont use your accounts while one is banned then you are allowed to own multiple accounts. But i cant really see why you would want to do that if its not to use them for ban evading. But it is allowed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived