Beware of the red light runners!

Interstate Nomad

So the way i enforce this rule. Is so immediate area means near the lights. If there is people at the lights, lets say that has green you should not run a red cause others then have priority. Same goes if you can see other trucks on your GPS coming towards the lights that will have green you should stop too if you have a red. But if you are alone at the lights you can run a red light. And by alone i mean the only truck driving through the the intersection. Or if others are there going the same way as you. So in general if there are other people at the lights you should just stop if you have red lights.

Here is how I proceed.

I approach at an intersection controlled by traffic light. 4 things can happen:

1. Green light > I safely drive through the intersection;
  2. Green light turning yellow > I drive through if I don't have enough space to safely come to a stop, otherwise I do so;
  3. Red/yellow light turning green > I drive at low speed then speeding up once it turns green;
  4. Red light > If there is no one in the GPS, no one appears in tab  > I drive through;
    Red light > Someone is in the GPS or in the tab > I come to a complete stop.

vldv44_

TruckersMP  

Translator 

image.png.cc04a4aa66a9a3c6e53cdaba9217dc4a.png

Human Resources

|Italian Subforum|Knowledge Base|Rules(KB)|

Have a fantastic day ahead!

I only run the red light on the intersections, where is one legal way to go. There are quite a lot of them on the map.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

On 1/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

Sitting in front of a red light while nobody is visible on your TAB list doesn't make much sense to you, I understand.
Let's imagine you would not have a TAB list nor little dots on your GPS that visualize players nearby.
How would you then proceed? Maybe even more cautious?

Would you still run the red light if you had to solely trust your judgment on what you can see (or not) out of the truck cabin windows?

If there were no TAB option, then running a red light would be more dangerous and I wouldn't do it. You can't really rely in the GPS because it doesn't show players early enough, and the truck's built-in one doesn't have enough FOV to see beyond a small area, especially to the rear and sides.

• 2 weeks later...

If I see someone approaching the same intersection with traffic lights, I stop at red / yellow. If there is no one near that intersection, I go through. 

There are many "useless" traffic lights in MP, where you need to stop at a junction, while left and right are blocked by the game itself. Those are only useful when playing SP.

Running Red Lights in cities is alot safer than running red lights in Road Works.

While in the city, you can see, and normally people go slowly, in these Road Works, people are going high speed. One moment you see no one on the tab, the next moment you see one guy coming high speed and you are already on the lane.

signature.thumb.png.bfe2cc665caf77260e3320280c4eb0a7.png

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

This would be different when taking part in convoys I'd imagine or in some cases of that at least.

In general I would stop at a red light regardless of if there are anyone there or not however there are times where I don't if I just want to get on with whatever job I am doing, now see if I can see there are players near a set of traffic lights I slow down and if need be I give way if I do not have the right of way and as long as it is safe to do so, I continue on.

Hey! I read all the lines you wrote. There really is very useful information under each title. In fact , I would like many players to read this topic and learn detailed information. I hope the players will regulate themselves. Thank you so much for the information you gave You are good man.

King Regards
Scanva Diesel A/S

8 hours ago, Zysto said:

I wait at all red lights, so i don't worry about that haha.

But i can kinda see where you are coming from.

Best Regards.

Zysto

I like people who stop at the lights, just lets me take a teeny tiny break for a few seconds

*qualified* in website production and graphic design

2 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I would much rather stop at a red light/stop sign, regardless if there are other trucks around me or not. It is both realistic and the safest practice for me.

I have also seen others run red lights and intersections throughout my journeys. I'll give you one example; yesterday I was heading out of Duisburg with a shipment of dynamite, and as I was passing the petrol station just outside of the city, a truck suddenly pulled out in front of me. I unfortunately had very little time to react to this and I ended up running straight into him, causing 6% damage to my truck. It was only a minor collision really, but it could've been worse.

To be honest with you.. I always stop at red lights. And at Stopp Signs. Yes I DO! Why? There are so many ppl driving full speed you might not even see before running the red light. They can be with you pretty fast when driving 100kph in a 50s zone, which I encounter a lot. Why the hazzle? Why be so damn fast? This is not GTA Online, nor it's any other game where "Running" is always turned on for your character. It's a game about hauling stuff. If you join the multiplayer part of it, do it with common sense and respect others.

Last night I was arriving at a toll gate. It was just one lane for each side of the road. I had a heavy load and another trucker came up from behind. What did he do? He seriously overtook me 6 meters before the toll gate and squeezed himself into the remaining space between me and the toll gate, causing a near crash scenario. Why for gods sake? Because I'm slower? People doing that in front of me should always remember they get recorded and a special place in my next "TruckersMP Insights" Video on Youtube.

Love, Linny

On 1/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, brute279 said:

When I run red lights I always have the tab menu up to see other player proxemity. Never in large cities.

+1 to that. Sometimes i'm in a "ghost city" where i'm the only one driving around, so I press "TAB" & check the list for players. If nobody is around me - i'm not stopping on red lights. But if there are 1-2 players in the city - i'm following all the traffic lights etc. In my opinion TMP mean exactly that - if nobody is around you (in the TAB menu).

On 1/15/2021 at 9:20 AM, vldv44_ said:

Here is how I proceed.

I approach at an intersection controlled by traffic light. 4 things can happen:

1. Green light > I safely drive through the intersection;
  2. Green light turning yellow > I drive through if I don't have enough space to safely come to a stop, otherwise I do so;
  3. Red/yellow light turning green > I drive at low speed then speeding up once it turns green;
  4. Red light > If there is no one in the GPS, no one appears in tab  > I drive through;
    Red light > Someone is in the GPS or in the tab > I come to a complete stop.

I do it almost the same way. The only difference is that if the only driver on my map/tap is in companies or if it's a big city and the driver are on the other side of the city I'll go through a red light. You could say if it's say to go through a red light I do it (unless there is a big number of driver on tab) and if I'm just a little unsure if I can go through the red ligt safely I'll come to a stop.

spacer.png | spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @blabberbeak,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days), because every day lots of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum organized and active in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

Archived