Beware of the red light runners!

Interstate Nomad

Beware of the red light runners.

"Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area."

(TruckersMP rules, §2 Game only rules)

Or in simple words:

the TruckersMP team allows their players to run red lights and stop signs. Period.

Because the rest of the rule is formulated so vaguely it leaves too much room for individual interpretations.

So what exactly means "immediate area" for you, TruckersMP team?
Is it a matter of meters or rather of minutes...?

I believe that ff you ask 10 players about their idea of "immediate area" you will likely get 11 different answers.

And as long as this paragraph of the rules stays like this, you the TruckersMP team will continue to face reports of reckless driving players that caused accidents by running red lights.
Unless it doesn't matter to you...

And you, dear community members?
What is your definition of "immediate area"?
Please share your ideas, questions and comments below.

Thank you!

I guess the "immediate area" is referring to range from 50% to 75% of the standard camera visibility range for normal player. The threshold is depending on the speed limit in the mentioned area.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

As far as I'm concerned, my personal driving habit is that once I meet a player, I will abide by the traffic lights, but if there is no player, it's boring to wait all the time, so I may choose to run the red light.

best regards

Bruijn Logistics :Zonda R

I don't make any interpretations with traffic lights, I see a red one, I stop, even if there's no one in my TAB players list. It's a habit I have from real life, something that happens without even thinking. It's when I see a green light that I look for players nearby, so I will be able to stop if they (or should I say "when they"?) run the red light on their side going full speed. I may have the priority, but there's this other thing in the rules:

"If you have the right-of-way or another player is in the wrong, you must make reasonable efforts to avoid collisions. Baiting other players into accidents will not be tolerated and is punishable".

The way I see this last one, I go through a green light, hit someone who had run the red light on their side, I could be banned. Ridiculous, I know, but... It is what it is.

STOP signs, I reckon that I will take them more like a YIELD sign in the game, meaning that I won't stop unless there's someone coming on the road with priority, no matter the distance in this case. IRL, with yield signs, you can foresee if you will have time to merge safely, in the game, with so many people driving full speed and not bothering to try and give room for others to join the road more easily, it's simply safer to slow down and/or stop.

2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

@ASIR [CZE]

@Zonda R

@Wolfykins

all of you said that you run red lights if nobody is around. 

Could you elaborate how you define "around"?

Is that a matter of visibility, for example, what you see out of your windows or rather what you see on the TAB list?

https://ibb.co/z70b4vn

2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

@ASIR [CZE]

@Zonda R

@Wolfykins

Is that a matter of visibility, for example, what you see out of your windows or rather what you see on the TAB list?

You misunderstood my post, my post was about how interpret "immediate area", of course I don't run red lights even if no one is in "immediate area".

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

Immediate area clearly means those immediately around and heading towards the intersection. 

I think the current rule is sufficient as it is left down to the players to make the judgement call, just like it is in real life. If the light is red, they can treat it as a yield sign, or they can be more realistic and wait for it to change.

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

6 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

@ASIR [CZE]

@Zonda R

@Wolfykins

By "around", I mean if there is no one in the TAB list, or only a few people who are a couple hundred metres away.

I only proceed through red lights if there is no one on my TAB list. There's honestly little point in sitting there if you're the only person around except for realism simulation; as much as I like realism simulation, I get tired enough of sitting at traffic lights in real life that shouldn't even be on, so doing it in a game isn't exactly my idea of fun.

Thank you all for your answers so far, you gave fantastic feedback!

18 hours ago, quality_productions said:

Immediate area clearly means those immediately around and heading towards the intersection. 

I think the current rule is sufficient as it is left down to the players to make the judgement call, just like it is in real life. If the light is red, they can treat it as a yield sign, or they can be more realistic and wait for it to change.

Interesting point!
Which leads me to the question if it is a good idea to let the player decide if he or she wants to run a red light or not. Let's not forget that this community has players of all ages and different levels of experience in road traffic. So at one point misjudgement is inevitable.

15 hours ago, Wolfykins said:

By "around", I mean if there is no one in the TAB list, or only a few people who are a couple hundred metres away.

Now we are talking! A couple hundred meters away can also be an immediate area, of course.
But it does not tell you at what speed they are approaching. What if... a player is a hundred meter away and approaches the intersection at 110km/h? He would reach it within the next 4 seconds, which is not much time...

15 hours ago, McclaudEagle said:

I only proceed through red lights if there is no one on my TAB list. There's honestly little point in sitting there if you're the only person around except for realism simulation; as much as I like realism simulation, I get tired enough of sitting at traffic lights in real life that shouldn't even be on, so doing it in a game isn't exactly my idea of fun.

Sitting in front of a red light while nobody is visible on your TAB list doesn't make much sense to you, I understand.
Let's imagine you would not have a TAB list nor little dots on your GPS that visualize players nearby.
How would you then proceed? Maybe even more cautious?

Would you still run the red light if you had to solely trust your judgment on what you can see (or not) out of the truck cabin windows?

If a player is in my immediate area, I can see him. And if I can see him I will have to judge if I need to yield for him (stop sign, red light) or if it is save enough that I don't have to yield.

Also I do not believe their terminology is vague at all. The sentence you are quoting isn't supposed to be a rule in of itself. It's supposed to be a clarification. Reckless driving isn't allowed. Ramming isn't allowed. Wrong way driving isn't allowed, you must yield, etc. You are simply not allowed to put other players in danger. So when you are not putting other players in danger, of course it's allowed to ignore red lights and stop signs if you want. And if someone runs a stop sign or a red light you are protected by the rules I listed before. It doesn't give anyone a get out of jail card at all. So I don't see the point of this post.

Can you give me an example of TMP failing to ban a reckless driver who caused a crash because he didn't yield? Never happened to me or anyone I know. And you should create a feedback ticket if the report gets declined.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

personally if i see a red light i stop, and i will normally stop or at least slow down a lot at a giveway sign/junction. I only do this to maintain a sense of realism. In the same way i almost always stick to the speed limit. But i understand that some people might just want to get a job done quickly.The issue with this is that people go through red lights without checking because that is what they have done for the previous junctions but eventually they will go through a red light at full speed only to realise that there is someone there at the last moment.

Archived