A guide on how to drive in Kirkenes quarry, includes tips and a video guide on where to stop at all corners/switchbacks.

I've been driving an HCT in the Kirkenes quarry for a long time, since promods MP released and while I'm very skilled at it and never get stuck by myself, other people often mess me up mainly because they don't know where to stop at corners and I'm not able to make the turn or barely can make it. I usually wait if I see they're pulled up too far but if I'm in the middle of the turn already and just realize they pulled up too far I'm screwed. I will be giving some tips on how to drive here and where to stop at all corners/switchbacks. I will be providing some screenshots too to provide some clarification on some turns. Some of the stops I made you don't have to stop for if you just have a single trailer such as on some of the turns you can easily make without going too wide. In the screenshots I provided, screenshot #6 is a good example of that. I probably couldn't make that turn with an HCT if there was oncoming traffic because I can't go wide enough to avoid the trees but with a single trailer you'll definitely be fine.

Tips:

• Definitely the most important is to stay as far to the right as you possibly can.
  • Don't drive too fast, 20-30 km/h max when there's lots of players maybe up to 40-50 on some of the few straight areas there are.
  • If you're waiting before a corner don't pull up too far or else long trailers/HCTs will not be able to get around it. The videos below show where you should stop. Look for landmarks such as signs or other stuff to remember where you should stop.
  • If you're stuck just f7 or reload, I actually got banned once because I was overtaking someone who was waiting for no reason when there was no oncoming traffic and he wasn't going around the corner and all of a sudden he blocks me and I would have made it around the corner before oncoming traffic approached which they were far from the corner so I had plenty of time. I was using an HCT so I couldn't back up. Thankfully I got unbanned for that because it wasn't my fault but f7 or reload if you ever get into a similar situation, even if it wasn't your fault just do it if you can't get unstuck within a minute or can't move at all.

Kirkenes to quarry: https://youtu.be/u1zJMYrD-RY

Quarry to Kirkenes: https://youtu.be/owRXjMJv9T8

Sorry about the lag on the videos, my PC is a potato but they're smooth enough that you know what's going on and where I stop at each corner.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/LnpVoEj (check the notes below each image)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

According to me, the most difficult part of this road is when you're reached the first tunnel and you will turn left in a bridge. It was very difficult with a trailer, and impossible with a double or a triple trailer !!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guide thanks it's really hard to use there ?

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------