I did 20k kilometres nonstop. Alot of stuff motivated this, so just Ask Me Anything!

KimbaPlays

On 1/23/2021 at 11:53 PM, jeza1 said:

What motivated you the most

Well, basically:

1. The Truckers that were stopped in the UK-France passage, and couldn't go to their families in Christmas and New Year.

2. Covid-19, who ruined many families, jobs and economies, from Bolungarvik to Haql, and all over the World.

3. Hype for the New Year, and a way of saying goodbye to a Year that will definetely mark my whole life.

On 1/24/2021 at 6:18 PM, JasonLee said:

Wonder if Kimba can get to 30k a day?

WHO TOLD YOU THAT?

signature.thumb.png.bfe2cc665caf77260e3320280c4eb0a7.png

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

On 1/4/2021 at 3:52 PM, KimbaKrom said:

As I said at the start, there were several reasons that motivated me to do this route, and not give up.

It was not purely to show off I did such long route, of course its a title you should be proud of, but when you do it for someone/something, nothing else matters, and you do it until the end.

I did it for the people stuck at home, that they should be motivated and that with patience all will end.

For the Doctors that with Dedication work for their countries and for their people.

And for the truckers who were stuck in Calais and other places UK-EU, and couldnt get home in time because of the Pandemic.

These are the things that, once you realize they are important, you will try to do something to make them be heard, and raise awareness.

Fortunately, your "Forum Troll behaviour" gave me the chance to tell my motivations! So thanks!

if you would be backed up with one or even a few Sponsors and do it for a good cause.... 

but other then that it´s just naive Peter-Pan thinking...   non of these ppl got any benefit form it. 

if i would do something like this my sponsors would hate me for sure... they would have to donate over 60K€ to our local charity fond. 

7 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

if you would be backed up with one or even a few Sponsors and do it for a good cause.... 

but other then that it´s just naive Peter-Pan thinking...   non of these ppl got any benefit form it. 

if i would do something like this my sponsors would hate me for sure... they would have to donate over 60K€ to our local charity fond. 

So what?

You don't need to be backed up, have a sponsor and divert money, just to express your solidarity towards the others.

You're simply putting money over the meaning of words, which is wrong.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

3 minutes ago, -Elvis- said:

that is impressive to do 20 k nonstop did you have breaks in between ?

Yes!

As said before, in another quote :P :

The trip started on the 30th December at 11:15. On that day, I stopped at exactly Midnight. Taking 1:30hrs from that for all lunch/dinner/urgent related things, it gets to 11:15hrs of driving. This only got me 11k kilometres, I was in Sweden.

Next day, I had to finish it, started at 11:10. On that day I managed to deliver it at around 9 PM. Taking 1:30hrs from that for all lunch/dinner/urgent related things, it gets to 8:20hrs  of driving.

All calculated, I drove 20 thousand kilometres in 19hrs and 35 minutes.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

On 1/25/2021 at 7:43 PM, KimbaKrom said:

Well, basically:

1. The Truckers that were stopped in the UK-France passage, and couldn't go to their families in Christmas and New Year.

2. Covid-19, who ruined many families, jobs and economies, from Bolungarvik to Haql, and all over the World.

3. Hype for the New Year, and a way of saying goodbye to a Year that will definetely mark my whole life.

WHO TOLD YOU THAT?

I was having a talk with somebody else about this on discord

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 7:43 PM, KimbaKrom said:

Well, basically:

WHO TOLD YOU THAT?

A Nub

5 hours ago, KimbaKrom said:

It's great to see that 2 months later, I still have people appreciating the milestone.

Thank you everyone!

Soon 30k. Just waiting for Iberia to come out :P 

I know how insane it can be to drive non-stop for a really long time so I get why people are still appreciating your milestone.

Good luck on your 30k when Iberia comes out. I did a 32,4k drive on January, 28th in ATS so I know how much it takes to keep on driving even when it startes getting hard.

spacer.png | spacer.png

On 2/13/2021 at 4:51 PM, JasonO said:

Very impressive! I think I may have achieved 10% a couple of times. A lot of dedication. 

When's 40k? ?

Damn, already thinking about 40k? I still got the 30k trip first ?

On 2/13/2021 at 9:01 PM, [TR]Berat_Karakaya said:

hello there

bravo what did you really do so how was your driving

Best regards

It was good!

There were some moments in which I had some buddies coming with me, other moments where it was just me and the road.

On 2/14/2021 at 5:20 AM, [VIVA] TruckerWolff said:

I think the longest I’ve done is 2000KM I could not imagine doing 20k!! 

You have to do 30k next and get a whole convoy of people to do it with ya! 

I'm up for business!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

On 2/16/2021 at 2:58 AM, ZabbeX said:

Congrats on completing that long run! This question might have already been asked but I want to know if you were free roaming with a trailer or did a cargo job?

I did a Cargo Job, Containerized Trees!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 11:51 AM, [C-S] Spet said:

Wow, pretty route

It was indeed!

Many different buildings, cities, climates.

You pass the majority of your trip in Europe, and then you go on to Middle East and its a completely new world!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived