Arcade server with collisions

Hi there,

I wonder why are collisions disabled on the Arcade server? It would be more fun and so to crash and players will have fun to ramming others. It will may be get players who misuseing Simulation servers to Arcade server so it will benefit also Sim server users too.

When players want to race it will be more fun...

Just a thought may be it is already discussed, but I could not find the tread about this.

Regards,

Hello,dear@(2541),

I think the reason why TMP arrange Arcade server without collision is to let the player can freely in a place to enjoy the fun of driving without the restraint of rules (it is very suitable for novice practice), of course, we can't rule out some people to use without collision characteristics at but these people also won't affect others, isn't it, so I think the server is very necessary.?

Kind ragards,

liushang

57 minutes ago, Λ S L Λ N said:

It would not be bad to make an arcade server with collision

I think it's unnecessary. With 150 speed limit, they troll more. :) 

They will troll I agree but that is fun sometimes. Just to have a server to misbehave. Last year with the anniversary of TruckersMP we had a server just like that and it was full and it was fun

2 hours ago, (2541) said:

Hi there,

I wonder why are collisions disabled on the Arcade server? It would be more fun and so to crash and players will have fun to ramming others. It will may be get players who misuseing Simulation servers to Arcade server so it will benefit also Sim server users too.

When players want to race it will be more fun...

Just a thought may be it is already discussed, but I could not find the tread about this.

Regards,

IIRC, collisions are disabled on the arcade server to avoid the report system being flooded with reports of incidents caused by reckless driving, namely losing control over a vehicle while driving at excessive speed.
Also, the TruckersMP team has already rejected the idea of enabling collisions on the arcade server and simultaneous deactivate the report system for reports made on the arcade server.

You can read about the basic idea of the division of servers into simulation and arcade (named Road To Simulation) here:

Road To Simulation

On a personal note I would like to add that if you feel the need to misbehave on any of the provided servers, you are literally asking for being reported and eventually being banned permanently.
Therefore I strongly advise against it.

There are two game modes.

1.) Simulation.

The basic is a restrained and forward-looking driving style.

For players who play ETS / ATS as an simulator and not as an racing or battle roayal game.

2.) Arcade

For players who want to drive without fear of being sanctioned for violations or because of accidents - which just happen like in real life. Ingame anyway faster as RL

And for players which just enjoy driving fast; to drive wild and for these who just want to escalate a little after an streful day. 

A third game mode doesn't make sense in my opinion. But this is only my personal opinion.

18 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

IIRC, collisions are disabled on the arcade server to avoid the report system being flooded with reports of incidents caused by reckless driving, namely losing control over a vehicle while driving at excessive speed.
Also, the TruckersMP team has already rejected the idea of enabling collisions on the arcade server and simultaneous deactivate the report system for reports made on the arcade server.

You can read about the basic idea of the division of servers into simulation and arcade (named Road To Simulation) here:

Road To Simulation

On a personal note I would like to add that if you feel the need to misbehave on any of the provided servers, you are literally asking for being reported and eventually being banned permanently.
Therefore I strongly advise against it.

I meant: to have a Arcade server where it is allowed to misbehave just like last year on the annerversary server. I do not want or courrage others to misbehave or ruin the game for others.

It was just a thoght, may be TruckersMP will allow us to have such a server in the future...

11 hours ago, povgamer said:

Maybe they can have one Arcade server with collisions, and one without.
The only thing is there should be more of a warning for the Arcade server WITH collisions. Just so people know what they're getting themselves into.

I think this is what I like to have, may be I used the wrong words :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived