Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Official Multiplayer in ETS2/ATS

Shadii.

Hey. 

SCS Software announced on the stream that it will soon be an official multiplayer for SCS Software games - ETS2 and ATS. What do you think about it? Will TruckersMP suffer from this?

Photos official Multiplayer: https://imgur.com/a/RD3QVrx and stream: https://clips.twitch.tv/AmusedBoldLettuceRaccAttack

gyhpuYu.png

Good news for players, I like to ride with friends on ai-taffic and other mods. I thought that it was possible to set the colision on-off. I don't know if multiplayer will appear in 1.41. Because this new graphics will come out in 1.40 then multiplayer in 1.41. I don't know exactly.I hope the multiplayer comes out in 1.41.

As far as i know the "multiplayer" SCS has planned is more like a Co-Op where you have 4-5 friends join you. SCS would never create a TMP like multiplayer i dont think. Simply because they would have to do what we do. And in their case i dont think they can get away with having volunteer moderators. They would have to hire people and it would get real expensive real fast. And we provide SCS with a free multiplayer. And they dont even have to do a thing. And if SCS where to make a MP like ours, they would have to recreate their game engine since its not designed for a multiplayer like the one we have here. We can clearly see it when you are more than a few trucks around, you start to loose frames. And thats cause the engine is not made to handle that many trucks at once i dont think. So will the SCS MP have an effect on us? I dont think so. It will be very little if any. After a while you get tired of only being able to drive with the few ATS or ETS2 people you have on your steam. And so if you want the convoy experience and meet new people it will have to be here. 

I don't think TruckersMP will suffer for this.

Playing ETS2 from a while now, and I came from Flight Simultaor, I can say that SCS is not a company that is looking so hard to implement things in ETS2, it seems to be a side project for them, if they say, in almost 2021, that they don't want to be a massive multi player it's because there is no market for this, and globally speaking this is the same problem with TruckersMP.

An admin told me that TruckersMP has milions of account...maybe, but how many are inactive.

To be profitable for a company, it's need to create a decent income.

As like in many others simulator game, the Multiplayer came out from the user, and not from the companies.

TruckersMP hasn't enough man-power to make a better job, and SCS has the man-power but they don't have a vision on this.

the best thing should be a multiplayer with also IA traffic.

If you are not traveling on the Duisburg Calais on base map, or if you don't go in Kirkenes in promods, is pretty boring driving on TruckersMP.

I wat enthusiast at the beginning, but now, sometimes, I go in singleplayer just to drive with some cars beside me :)

I hope that SCS or another company could come out with a new Truck simulator and with a Multiplayer that can use all the technology that we have in 2020...if you think at GTA5 or RDR online you can imagine what is possible to do, the problem is that SCS and TruckersMP are not Rockstar :D

Anyway, if I found a multiplayer with traffic IA I should probabily left TruckersMP

If it truly is and pry would be just for friends then it won't have that much of an affect on truckersmp. In fact it might actually help as it may help with some more mp friendly map changes and edits like the gas stations that were pictured and might also help with stability with and may finally help allowing ai traffic or maybe even mods but I doubt playing with mods would happen on public servers like truckersmp because of the sheer amount of compatibility issues that might cause as well as moderation.

I don't think TMP will suffer from the official multiplayer. Pavel said they had two visions for official MP. One was a type of unified VTC system interconnected with World of Trucks, that I don't think will actually be multiplayer, but more like an in-game hub for VTCs to set up and manage their companies, instead of doing it through their own sites. And the other vision, as others have said, will just be a small co-op style system with you and several friends in a lobby with AI. Although I do hope mod support will be part of the official MP. Sweet, sweet realistic engine sounds, custom paintjobs, and far more customizable trucks than vanilla offers. All of that, with friends by your side on the road? Yes. Please.

However, I do think the official MP will have an impact on TMP in some form. With SCS adding multiplayer networking and adapting the game systems to support more than one player, with synchronized AI traffic and the like, I do believe it may help TMP quite a bit to look at what SCS will have done to the games' code and adapt TMP to that for better support. Obviously I'm not a developer, but it doesn't take being one to see the benefits the official MP could bring to TMP. TMP might finally be able to add in AI traffic, better synchronize sounds between players, and much more. Either way, the official MP is a win/win all around and I eagerly look forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that this would be limited to groups of say 10-15. But truckersmp has far more slots than this so I think it won't lose popularity

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Shadii.,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day lots of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum organized and active in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

Archived