Jump to content

Winter Mod Physics


Recommended Posts

Video I recorded show exactly what I mean:

 

Totally unrealistic and bugged truck behaviour (helicopter and flying trucks)

Truck cabin shakes when you drive or stand.

Truck brakes become weak and when you are driving with trailer you need very long road to stop (there isn't any slip - they just make truck brakes weak)

Harder brake on the curve = helicopter - same as winter mod year ago.

 

Why physics like this is published and added to multiplayer? 

What's your opinion about it ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, bradders016 said:

I agree, the physics randomly ping me off the map and put me into uncontrollable spins.

Huge amount of unrealistic understeer, to the extent where if you turn to full lock you start steering the other way. Completely broken!

Last years version of the physics 7.3, works completely fine and is far more usable than version 8.

 

 

That's right. 

I'm wondering why people are talking the physics is great and realistic. Are we playing same game ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

lmao this is also based on you doing full acceleration and full turns; like what did you expect?

 

Truck cabin shakes when you drive or stand. Works as intended; stiffen the suspension or don't add the mod; not everyone wants a static truck. 

Truck brakes become weak and when you are driving with trailer you need very long road to stop (there isn't any slip - they just make truck brakes weak) This is also intended to simulate slippery conditions; winter conditions in IRL also cause significant increase in braking distance 

Harder brake on the curve = helicopter - same as winter mod year ago.  I think again you want something that is less versus others who want these aspects magnified even more. 

 

I would recommend that you adjust your driving habits, you are expecting to have magnet level traction versus a mod that designed to just opposite of that. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, beko1 said:

lmao this is also based on you doing full acceleration and full turns; like what did you expect?

 

Truck cabin shakes when you drive or stand. Works as intended; stiffen the suspension or don't add the mod; not everyone wants a static truck. 

Truck brakes become weak and when you are driving with trailer you need very long road to stop (there isn't any slip - they just make truck brakes weak) This is also intended to simulate slippery conditions; winter conditions in IRL also cause significant increase in braking distance 

Harder brake on the curve = helicopter - same as winter mod year ago.  I think again you want something that is less versus others who want these aspects magnified even more. 

 

I would recommend that you adjust your driving habits, you are expecting to have magnet level traction versus a mod that designed to just opposite of that. 

Like what I expect? I expect to have realistic physics and make normal donuts like it's in real life trucks. 

Cabin shake is a bug.  

Helicopter spinning is normal for you right? XD I can't even imagine how blind are some players like you. 

I don't need magnet traction, I just want to CONTROL my slides and truck behaviour on the road. 

 

 

Is this realistic physics? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"I agree, the physics randomly ping me off the map and put me into uncontrollable spins.

Huge amount of unrealistic understeer, to the extent where if you turn to full lock you start steering the other way. Completely broken!

Last years version of the physics 7.3, works completely fine and is far more usable than version 8."

 

 

 

Thats because from what I think even though you ant see it to replicate harsher "understeer" the steering angle goes to extreme angles, even backwards it turns around so far, so the power starts delivering in the opposite way and sends u in the opposite direction.

 

Version 7.3 from last year still works with 1.37 so I think it needs to be changed back pronto.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2020 at 3:32 PM, iBrachoO said:

Video I recorded show exactly what I mean:

 

Totally unrealistic and bugged truck behaviour (helicopter and flying trucks)

Truck cabin shakes when you drive or stand.

Truck brakes become weak and when you are driving with trailer you need very long road to stop (there isn't any slip - they just make truck brakes weak)

Harder brake on the curve = helicopter - same as winter mod year ago.

 

Why physics like this is published and added to multiplayer? 

What's your opinion about it ? 

My opinion is that if you want drive like in the real world you can use the phisyc without problem. If you want to run fast then you should think to not install the physic.

I drive like in the real world, and when you have 23tons trailer you can't just brake...and if you set the brake intensity to maximum then forget it...but this is not a simulation, if you want a real simulation put your break intensiti to 1/3, and learn to use retarder instead of brake before a turn.

 

The problem with physics is that when you start to lost traction, if you don't do anything to correct the problem, you start to fly, because I think that the physics cannot calculate what would really happen.

But also in real world, if you start to do what you show in the vide, in a parking lot with snow and ice, with maybe 750 horse power, you made a mess....maybe a different mess but always a mess :D

 

Is not the best physics, but I usually respect speed limit and I have no problem...and yes, when I see late a red light and push hard on the brake, I expect that my trucks take 200 meters to stop...is what will happens in the real world :D

 

So the answer for me is: If you like simulation put physics, if you don't like simulation don't use it, go at full speed and reach the Duisburg Calais as soon as you can :D

  • True Story 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, iBrachoO said:

I just wanna show some bugs of this physics but now It's deleted and author realesed fix for this. Grimes is looking for more people to test it: https://grimesmods.wordpress.com/2017/05/18/frosty-winter-weather-mod/

We are all waiting when he officially realese it :D

The new officially released "fix" is even more broken. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, iBrachoO said:

I just told You to show what’s wrong with new version of physics. I didn’t play on it. Make a yt video and post it here. 
 

Great Logic there, buddy. 

The trailer is scuffed. But i'll make comparison vid tomorrow. An actual proper video, and not something you'd make by bug abusing lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iBrachoO said:

Yeah, playing game is Bug abusing.

Shaking truck when idle too
I can’t wait for your video XD

You're spinning around in circles from stand still. You are obviously trying to glitch the game out with unrealistic behaviour... Ofc weird shit will happen.

 

As for your 2nd video. That was just hilarious. No clue what you were trying to prove with that one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StateCA (NL) said:

You're spinning around in circles from stand still. You are obviously trying to glitch the game out with unrealistic behaviour... Ofc weird shit will happen.

 

As for your 2nd video. That was just hilarious. No clue what you were trying to prove with that one.

Just Look How They are glitching Real life physics with unrealistic behaviour:

 

I have No clue why are You still replying in this thread. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, iBrachoO said:

Just Look How They are glitching Real life physics with unrealistic behaviour:

 

I have No clue why are You still replying in this thread. 
 

Who cares that you can't drift like that with this mod. It's against the rules anyway. Ever heard of rule §2.5?

 

Why are you still replying to this thread? You clearly only want this mod to work in a reckless way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...