Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Help Information on gaming laptops

Hey guys whats the best gaming computer out there for around £400-£500 and has a i5 processor and has not a tiny bit of lag in Rotterdam at peak times? I need accurate information please as I'm going to start a vtc company 

Thanks, Aled

i don't think there is a PC that could render all the info that you get when you are in rotterdam but with the budget you will easily survive through it but don't except too much :)

My In-Game Status:image.png

:) Drop a Like if you found my answer helpfull and don't hesitate to PM me either here or on Steam :)

76561198034018322.png

But I found one for like 400-500 pound I just want to make sure I do a right choice or even a little bit of lg will be better than what I have atm!

Better than...?

It looks pretty good for the price actually. But what I have so far always done to get good performance for low price, and been very happy with, is buy manufacturer refurbished, or seconds, warrantied Dell laptops from Ebay. The one I have now and run ETS2 on is an XPS L702x which has i7 270QM quad core, 8GB RAM and Nvidia GT555M. Yes it's not the fastest (now) by a long way, as I've had it for three years, and I will be getting something better when I can, but it does the job ok.

Looking online just now at prices, it's amazing how much cheaper laptops have become - to the point where it's almost cheaper to buy a laptop than a PC with very similar specs. Of course what the numbers don't tell you is how much more bottlenecks occur on a laptop and therefore you don't get the same actual performance.

The only reason I want a new laptop/computer is because I have 5-10 second freezes there is no pattern when it happens it just happens when it decides to!

I have a Panasonic which can be linked up using a hdmi cable or vga

Is there a way if I buy the BOX I could link it up with my old laptop so my laptop will be a mouse keyboard and screen?

Which one is the best out of those would you say to: Reduce lag in ets and better graphics. The only reason I want a new laptop/computer is because I have 5-10 second freezes there is no pattern when it happens it just happens when it decides to! I have a Panasonic which can be linked up using a hdmi cable or vga. Is there a way if I buy the BOX I could link it up with my old laptop so my laptop will be a mouse keyboard and screen?

Any of those would be better than a laptop and as they would be clean AKA. nothing but the basics on them; they'll run perfectly, if you make sure that you only add what's really needed on one of them then the PC will remain that way. Just make sure you look after it. If you have an HDTV you can forget about a monitor because you'll be able to plug an HDMI cable into the computer and run it into the TV (I'm doing this right now). I don't understand what you mean by 'the BOX'?

nz3d07.jpg

The like computer with out monitor but my tv is like a 40 inch lol but will be great fir ets!!

Oh, yeah you can connect the computer (the box) to an HDTV via an HDMI cable. You don't necessarily need a PC specific monitor anymore. You'll need a keyboard and mouse though.

nz3d07.jpg

Is there a way if I buy the BOX I could link it up with my old laptop so my laptop will be a mouse keyboard and screen?

As far i can understand you mean to link your PC tower to your laptop and use the laptop's mouse and keyboard as an input into your PC tower? No i don't think it will work

Just go and grab some classic microsoft stuff they are cheap. And if you go for the tower try to build it part by part ask a buddy of yours (there is always one guy good with PCs) or head your your local PC shop and make a conversation of what do you want and what tasks or games will you do/play on that tower

My In-Game Status:image.png

:) Drop a Like if you found my answer helpfull and don't hesitate to PM me either here or on Steam :)

76561198034018322.png

Oh, yeah you can connect the computer (the box) to an HDTV via an HDMI cable. You don't necessarily need a PC specific monitor anymore. You'll need a keyboard and mouse though.

Dave, Some modern Tv's are still not sharp enough to display stuff like a PC monitor would. They simply do not have the correct pixel density like a PC monitor has. The larger the TV the further back and larger the text needs to be on screen for it to display properly. I have had past experience from a 47" Panasonic woops meant Samsung LED TV and 32" Sony Bravia. Both of which were 1080P (1920X1080) the other was (1920X1200).

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

I am not sure whether or not I am allowed to recommend sites but you can build a PC with a website called "Cougar Extreme" (make sure it is the PC one not other dodgy sites). They have a PC builder software on their website were you select the parts and then it tells you how much it costs and what it will look like. Everything displayed on that page is all compatiable with each other (For example, all the CPU's displayed are compatible with the sockets on the boards).

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

Does anyone know how do I get little flashing beacons on my V4 volvo like 4 at different levels on the grill and they go left righ left right they dont flash the same time?

Those little orange led that you see on heave haulage lorries they are on the grill on tod and near bottom and there is 4 2 on left and to on right and They flash in a pattern like Left then right left then right

I cant dave knows what I'm on about they are like beacons but little square ones you put on the grille and they flash from left to right they all dont flash at the same time

Archived