The Duisburg City will be rebuilt in 1.40 update.

Unnamed User

A few days ago, the SCS Software told us that the Duisburg and surrounding areas will get completly rebuilt road network. How do you feel with it? What do you think, how it will affect to trafic on TMP servers in this area?

Additionally, the area around the cities of Dortmund, Köln, Dusseldorf, and Duisburg has not only benefitted from a complete road network redesign but a few new intersections and roads as well!

Read more about it:

On 12/15/2020 at 2:48 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

Hopefully, the reskin of Germany will attract players to visit other locations than Calais and Duisburg.

I've seen a good amount of people around all of Germany ever since the 1st and 2nd reworks. This 3rd rebuild will hopefully make it so even more people travel in different parts of Germany. 

12 hours ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I've seen a good amount of people around all of Germany ever since the 1st and 2nd reworks. This 3rd rebuild will hopefully make it so even more people travel in different parts of Germany. 

lets hope its so i have been to germany very much for jobs and i see almost nobody on the roads expect the area around duisburg 

It all depends on what part of the city will be getting reworked. There’s no mention of a city redesign, but rather a road rework redesign around the cities. 

Judging from how SCS rebuilt Lille and Calais, I don’t think any major change is gonna happen inside the city, but rather the roads that are outside Duisburg. Those areas are still old and haven’t been reworked. 

The only way that I would think that the redesign would affect traffic if the C-D road was redesigned or removed, or if the road that you go on when C-D ends is changed.

If the city was redesigned even with a new layout and with new roads, I doubt people will not leave the city, or not build up traffic. In-fact, I think more traffic would build up in the city due to numerous people wanting to see what has changed. The point here is, people really stick to the city like glue, and nothing will spread them apart even with a redesign. 

Hello @Unnamed88008

Thank you for share it. ?

I think every change generates an expectation and an impact due to the habit of always seeing the same things.?
When the change occurs, it has a negative impact and over time it changes and the old one becomes insignificant, so my expectation is positive. ?

Always ahead, always learning and evolving.?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived