When to report

lassombra

So I record all of my gameplay (and stream most of it).

I have clips of collisions that I was involved in (so far 2 neither of which I was the cause of).

I also have, naturally since I record everything, lots of evidence that is technically reportable.

The question I have is at what point should I consider actually reporting?  I know things in the MP world aren't always as black and white as one would like thanks to lags, people hidden in menus, limited field of view, etc.  So obviously I don't want to report every minor mistake I see.  So what thresholds do you usually use for reporting?

spacer.png

Personally, I only use the website reports for those who crash into my vehicle while driving like ******** or wrong way drivers if they make me slow down or swerve to avoid them. To put it shortly, the ones who disturb my driving. Some other cases, I'll send an in-game report, if it happens to be seen, good, if it doesn't, I don't care that much.

Also, I don't drive on the Calais/Duisburg area, but lots of other people do only that, if you are one of them, it's best if you report only the most extreme things you see, flooding the report system with incidents from a same area all of the time can get you banned from using it anymore.

In my opinion, you are doing the right thing and i believe sometimes *accidents* can happen. If you drive between C-D, you'll see too many mistakes and if you try to report all of them, you will mostly spend your time on the website instead of the game itself :) Hence i believe you need to ignore some little problems and if you want you can report them in game. Just consider by yourself and separate your clips if they are reportable according the written rules of TMP, you'll understand which of these are reportable.

Accidents do not just happen -they are always caused by somebody or something.
If an accident was caused by reckless or careless driving behavior has to be investigated in each single case.

I usually report violations of the following game rules:

§2.2 - Ramming*

Causing a collision with another player intentionally or due to negligence. Attempting to cause a collision by steering towards their vehicle.

§2.3 - Blocking*

Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar. Failure to use the service feature (F7+Enter) when needed might result in a punishment.

§2.4 - Incorrect Way / Inappropriate Overtaking*

Driving the incorrect way down a road. Overtaking or undertaking another player in an area of extremely low FPS and/or in areas with large amounts of traffic, overtaking resulting in an accident or anything similar. This also includes overtaking on any one-lane in each direction road where there is excessive traffic such as a traffic jam. Areas with a large amount of traffic are considered to be 25+ players.

§2.5 - Reckless Driving*

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger. This includes but is not limited to: driving backwards, ignoring traffic lights or road signage, speeding, racing other users (except in Tucson, Phoenix, and Södertälje (ProMods) racetracks). Driving outside of the map boundaries or in areas that are not covered by the mini map/GPS. Hidden roads which are intentionally part of the map are not included. You can use these roads. In ProMods, you can drive on unlocked roads or paths. Attempting to use desync lag or quick saves in order to cause damage to another user's vehicle. Using the ghost mode feature to go through traffic jams.

(source: Official TruckersMP Rules, Last update: 04 Dec 16:35 UTC,  https://truckersmp.com/rules)

Hello, @lassombra

My suggestion is to report as soon as possible. But don’t overload the system with e.g. 9-10 reports with similar situation.

If you have like you said, “2 neither of which I was the cause of”. Then yes make the reports. But make only one report if it’s the same situation and you have got multiple clips to prove that they are breaking the rules of TruckersMP.

If you were involved in another situation with another user, then I would make a different report for that person.

Alternatively, this comes in handy: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/10

5 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Also, I don't drive on the Calais/Duisburg area, but lots of other people do only that, if you are one of them, it's best if you report only the most extreme things you see, flooding the report system with incidents from a same area all of the time can get you banned from using it anymore.

This. Just don't do the mistake of reporting every little thing from the Calais-Duisburg area or you're at risk of getting your reporting rights revoked for a set amount of duration. 

11 hours ago, lassombra said:

The question I have is at what point should I consider actually reporting?  I know things in the MP world aren't always as black and white as one would like thanks to lags, people hidden in menus, limited field of view, etc.  So obviously I don't want to report every minor mistake I see.  So what thresholds do you usually use for reporting?

I would honestly submit a report if I'm affected by the accident, but usually the person involved already reports the other person, so it'll be a waste of time for you to report the exact same case. Nowadays I take action right on the spot if I spot a rule violation, but back then I only did when I was involved.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

I think that you should not report everything. All of us are human. Everyone can make mistakes. This is a just game. 

If it happened by mistake, i never report it. If it happened on purpose, i always report it. In this way Game Moderation Team of TruckersMP won't have useless reports. They will be able to deal with the reports easily. I suggest that you can follow my tactic. :) 

I only report in some cases. Because sometimes, people just make mistakes (we all do, we all are humans after all), but if i see someone

driving around recklessy, endangering others, and not caring about any rule, then i would report.

I use the geforce recording tool, meaning i only record if i seem it necessary :)

Best Regards.

Zysto

Have a nice day!

In my case, I don't report anything either.
I advise you to evaluate the case on your own, if it is something very serious, it is seen that it was intentional or you see that it endangers the other players, proceed to report otherwise I advise you not to do it, as the partner says " We are all human and we make mistakes. "

Sincerely,

JuanCamilo25 [COL]

JuanK.

39156329-role-Game-Moderator-1.webp | veteran-1.webp 

Forum Profile | Steam | TruckersMP Profile

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there.

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.  

Locked and moved to Archive

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived