The Future of TMP Severs (Speed Limits / Collisions)

InsaneCallum

Would you be interested in the suggested server overhaul?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like my suggested idea?

• Excellent Idea
    • Good Idea - However I have some suggestions
    • Bad Idea

The Future of TMP Severs

I believe TMP need to have a talk with their community on how the servers should be handled/made, With the constant posts about speed limits and collisions I believe it is time for another sever overhaul, something needs to be changed.

My Idea

Simulation 1 - Simulation 1 would be a server which has the base game speed limit (55mph) for all vehicles with in the game, this would be the ultimate simulation experience for truckers on the road who enjoy the lower speeds and can comfortably do jobs on World Of Trucks without the constant overtaking from faster players.

Simulation 2 - Simulation 2 would be a server with a speed limit between 93mph to 100mph depending on which the community likes better for the players who enjoy a faster experience, There is still a speed cap so they trucks are controllable however still a enjoyable experience. Players who do not have hours to spend from going A to B will get a much more enjoyable experience if they can get their in a fast manner and still safely. (Collisions Enabled)

Promods - Promods Server would be a server that is identical to Simulation 2 however of course, with the ProMods map. The map is huge and as seen, the servers do not get a huge amount of players on them, a higher speed limit would greatly improve the experience on empty roads where you may not find too many players and overall allow people to travel the huge diverse map at a reasonable speed. (Collisions Enabled)

Arcade Server - A no collisions server where players can go whatever speed the please in which they do not have to apply to any of the TMP rules unless it directly effects their experience. (Collisions Disabled)

Rules

I believe rules need to be slightly altered for the report system, Game Moderation has not improved IMO between the switch from EU1/EU2 to the Road to Simulation Update, this isn't strictly TMP's fault, their platform has grown and they cannot keep up with constant growing player count. In game reports rarely get looked at and a work around needs to be put in place. 

Allow players to be reported multiple times by unique players - If players can report the same user and they get alot of reports within a certain time, (e.g. 10+ reports by different players) and a admin cannot look at the the request as they are busy. The reported player should be put into ghost mod for a certain amount of time based on what TMP see's as reasonable. This would greatly benefit if a troll decides to block a road and a Admin cannot kick/ban them. Mass reporting on that player would resolve this issue as they cannot effect other players experience. I believe this would be better than a kick since that could easily be abused.

Ban Offences - One of the main argument's to this that lots of players get banned from speeding related accidents. To resolve this, Players who have more than 2 Bans in the last year would not be allowed to connect to servers which evolve higher speeds. If players cannot be respectful to others while speeding, they should have an increased punishment rather than the current offences. This will keep both player bases happy.

Let me know what you think about my suggestions!

Here: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/850-new-suggestions/ Just click on "Start new topic", fill in the blanks and hope for the best.

And trust me, it works, at least some times. See this one: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/80979-possible-solution-for-most-trolling/ Guess what? That was sent shortly before "Road to Simulation" happened. ?

10 minutes ago, Jean-Louis Lorenzy said:

Same ideas from me. Actually it would be better to increase the speed limit for the servers. When that time, the punishments would be longer for those who doesn't obey the rules, both sides will be satisfied for the action.. People should be more careful to keep the simulation more realistic.

A brilliant idea! This could be applied in many different ways. Such as not allowing "troublesome" players on certain servers which have higher speedlimit if they have ban offences within the last year. 

Thanks for your input :)

Hello @InsaneCallum,

I want to comment about this part:

Allow players to be reported multiple times by unique players - If players can report the same user and they get alot of reports within a certain time, (e.g. 10+ reports by different players) and a admin cannot look at the the request as they are busy. The reported player should be put into ghost mod for a certain amount of time based on what TMP see's as reasonable. This would greatly benefit if a troll decides to block a road and a Admin cannot kick/ban them. Mass reporting on that player would resolve this issue as they cannot effect other players experience. I believe this would be better than a kick since that could easily be abused.

As you said, such a system could be easily abused. For example during a convoy, 10 players reporting a same player just for fun, or because he is not driving fast enough in their opinion (the temporarily Ghost Mode you proposed will let them drive through the reported user although this one didn't break the rules at all). In my opinion, this suggestion is like saying "I give the power to users to automatically punish someone (because yes, enabling Ghost Mode on a user without the consent of this one is a punishment)", and it is, I think, a very bad thing. The fact that it would be automatic is what I don't like at all.

However, your suggestion could be modified to something more appropriate; instead of enabling Ghost Mode on a user, the multiple reports opened against him would blink in the Reports panel of every Game Moderator logged, or will have a higher priority, or something like that. That way, it is still a Game Moderator who is dealing with the problem. But such a system would not really respect the FIFO (First in, first out) logic we have when dealing with reports, so it requires more discussion.

Sincerely,

HérissonMan

TruckersMP Game Moderator

HérissonMan,

??  ??

1 hour ago, HérissonMan said:

Hello @InsaneCallum,

I want to comment about this part:

As you said, such a system could be easily abused. For example during a convoy, 10 players reporting a same player just for fun, or because he is not driving fast enough in their opinion (the temporarily Ghost Mode you proposed will let them drive through the reported user although this one didn't break the rules at all). In my opinion, this suggestion is like saying "I give the power to users to automatically punish someone (because yes, enabling Ghost Mode on a user without the consent of this one is a punishment)", and it is, I think, a very bad thing. The fact that it would be automatic is what I don't like at all.

However, your suggestion could be modified to something more appropriate; instead of enabling Ghost Mode on a user, the multiple reports opened against him would blink in the Reports panel of every Game Moderator logged, or will have a higher priority, or something like that. That way, it is still a Game Moderator who is dealing with the problem. But such a system would not really respect the FIFO (First in, first out) logic we have when dealing with reports, so it requires more discussion.

Sincerely,

HérissonMan

TruckersMP Game Moderator

That does sound great. Of course this is all suggestions that have came up with. Obviously this can be abused. As my friends Idea was "kick" a person with X amount of reports which is why i thought of ghostmode as its less of an issue. 

However priority tickets would also work better.

Thanks for taking your time to take a look at my post and comment! Enjoy your day

9 hours ago, povgamer said:

Simulation 2 just feels like a collision version of Arcade, which I feel people will use for the wrong reasons like crashing into others at full speed.

As addressed in the post. Simulation 2 would still have a speed limit on the TMP Teams choice, U suggested around 93mph to 100mph as Moderators currently have access to these speeds. Base game's speed can go much further than this.

What is great imo, about this. If you don't like speed. Don't go onto simulation 2, you will still have Simulation 1 with the speed cap of 55mph. This way Simulation 2 will have ZERO effect on you and you will have nothing to complain about. Further to this, I have suggested increasing the punishments on this server if players misbehave and cannot be trusted, they will get a extended and more harsh punishment

Thanks for you input!

@[G-T-R]GrayWolf But you forgot the main "option", the one that they are asking for: "If you want to drive over speed and be able to crash with others"... It seems that it doesn't matter how many times TruckersMP staff members say that this will not happen, there will always be people opening topics, one after the other, asking for it.

On 12/11/2020 at 12:04 PM, InsaneCallum said:

Simulation 1 - Simulation 1 would be a server which has the base game speed limit (55mph) for all vehicles with in the game, this would be the ultimate simulation experience for truckers on the road who enjoy the lower speeds and can comfortably do jobs on World Of Trucks without the constant overtaking from faster players.

I strongly doubt that any player is bothered by another player that overtakes him, if the overtaking maneuver is done in an appropriate and safe manner and without endangering others.
It is more the reckless behaving players that are bothersome.

Players who do not have hours to spend from going A to B will get a much more enjoyable experience if they can get their in a fast manner and still safely. (Collisions Enabled)

Players who do not have enough time to finish a job/ distance, can for example

• pick jobs with a shorter distance, or
  • split the distance into multiple parts and finish each on another day.

IMO, a lack of time does not justify speeding, especially not in light of above listed solutions.

Allow players to be reported multiple times by unique players

This has been suggested several times before and naturally was always rejected, as it would throw the gates wide open to abuse.

Ban Offences - One of the main argument's to this that lots of players get banned from speeding related accidents. To resolve this, Players who have more than 2 Bans in the last year would not be allowed to connect to servers which evolve higher speeds. If players cannot be respectful to others while speeding, they should have an increased punishment rather than the current offences. This will keep both player bases happy.

IIRC, a ban is to temporary or permanently prohibit a player from using game servers and/ or other services.
The temporary prohibition should be used by the player to reflect on his/ her behavior and eventually improve it. After the ban is lifted and the player has "served his/ her sentence" he/ she should be regarded as an innocent player without further restrictions.

If speeding is a conscious decision made by the driver, it is regarded as reckless driving as the player willingly accepts the possible consequences of his behavior, namely endangering other road traffic participants.
Consequently, you cannot be respectful while speeding.

@Joao Rodrigues

I don't agree with your responses, for example. I want to go a long distance and get there within the time I have. Players can be respectful while speeding. The longer ban offences imo would make players less likely to do stupid mistakes.

Regarding overtaking, I believe it would be better on Simulation 2. The amount of crashes I am currently experiencing in TMP due to bad drivers on Sim 1 going for a overtake and we both Cap out at 68mph, It causes many problems for players who do usually have the speed. With the lower speed I have been involved in crashes that just didn't use to happen to me. I rarely overtake, even when the speed was capped to 93mph so i'm generally not the cause of these crashes. 

What i'm saying is there must be a better solution so both play styles have their way, I want a solution that will not effect you but still benefit players who are not enjoying the current experience as much as they use to. 

The best part about this that these changes will not effect you. Nothing is stopping you capping your speed, going onto simulation 1 where the speed is capped lower for everyone. There is no downside to you here, you simply have the option to not use the server.

Thanks for your input!

Well id love they bring sim2 as it was before , but they simple restricted everybody else due to few players , altrough sim2 should have their speed rise again to 150 like it was before , would join only who wants , i remember back in time people who didnt liked the 150kms limit would still join to sim2 due to pop being high but that was their choice! For others we been forced to stick ith their limits. Since im in a vtc most of time i dont pass over 95 kms but doesnt mean others cant , lets bring sim2 again like it was before aint dificult!

I do not agree with Promaps server.

I am in a VTC where all the memebers join the pure simulation, and we have promaps because we also like to travel a in better world that seems more real.

Promaps should have 2 server for me, one for kids that want to run, and one for people who want to SIMULATE a truck.

I come from IVAO for flight simulator, and I think that the system, in some server, should be the same...you should need to drive enough hours in solo before joining simulation server online, and have different levels that you can scale up driving hours and hours with real stats.

If you want to join a simulation server with "real" rules, then you need 50 hours of real practice in the "beginner" server...something like this.

I would like to drive on streets plenty of players, but today I try to avoid streets with a lot of player becuase is nothing related to simulation...is just kids that run like in F1 and don't care nothing about rules, speed limits, red lights, blinkers and so on...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @InsaneCallum,

Thank you for your post on our forums. Unfortunately, as your post has been inactive for 14 days now, I am left with no other option but to move this post to our archived section.

Kind Regards,
TFM_George
Community Moderator (Forums)
TruckersMP Team

// Locked and moved to Archive

Archived