Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Exterior Accessories for Trucks for patreons

Half_a_Day

Suggestion Name: Accessories for Trucks

Suggestion Description: I think patreons should be able to distinguish there trucks from the others who dont support financially TMP. For example more headlights for the 389 (351 circle lights, 379 single squared lights, etc). Or Finders for the rear tandems, visors, bumbers, rims, etc. 

Any example images: 

Spoiler

Why should it be added?: It would make the patreons feel special and feel like they are getting something back for what we are putting in. It would get others to support. 

Cant add pic because resolution is to high   :/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Your paying to keep the servers online, you have badges & a coloured name in game, you have a trailer paint job! The whole idea behind patrons was to help pay for the power & software usage on the servers, not to have a load of tuning options! People are signing up with the wrong intention if they are only doing it for that stuff.....

• Upvote 2

You are actually donating to support a project, that's what Patreon is about. So as ScaniaFan89 said, if someone subscribes only for the things they expect to get in exchange for their money, they are wrong. TruckersMP provides some perks to patrons, they could provide none and we would have no rights to complain. We are not buying anything.

This being said, I wouldn't mind if TMP decided to release other things exclusive to Master Truckers, but I'm more than happy with what they have given us so far. I don't even use the exclusive trailer paintjob, since I prefer to do External Contracts jobs instead of using an own trailer.

• Like 1

Again. Thats your opinion. When I give my money. I expect to get something for it. Unless Im just giving it to you because you need it. Then I wont expect anything back for it. I thought they called that business. The forum asked what things, idea's, or suggestions do we have for perks for ones who pay. Im giving my two cents. Im not wrong for what I feel they should add. Yall need to chill with the your wrong when they asked our input. Smh

Not my problem if you don't understand concepts such as "Donation" or "Support". You are not buying anything when you subscribe to Patreon, so you shouldn't expect to get anything for yourself in return for your money. Of course, everyone in TMP get something in return, even those who are not patrons. With Patreon, TruckersMP has it easier to maintain their services, they can upgrade servers, open new ones, they have even said that they are considering to hire a full-time developer for the mod... That's what patrons should expect, not "exclusive freebies". This is why we should be happy just because we got some. It's not wrong to suggest things that COULD be added, it's wrong to think that they SHOULD be added. Which seems to be your case. BTW, TruckersMP is not a business.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

5 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Not my problem if you don't understand concepts such as "Donation" or "Support". You are not buying anything when you subscribe to Patreon, so you shouldn't expect to get anything for yourself in return for your money. Of course, everyone in TMP get something in return, even those who are not patrons. With Patreon, TruckersMP has it easier to maintain their services, they can upgrade servers, open new ones, they have even said that they are considering to hire a full-time developer for the mod... That's what patrons should expect, not "exclusive freebies". This is why we should be happy just because we got some. It's not wrong to suggest things that COULD be added, it's wrong to think that they SHOULD be added. Which seems to be your case. BTW, TruckersMP is not a business.

Clearly doesn't understand with the first sentence " Again. Thats your opinion. When I give my money. I expect to get something for it ". Urm the servers staying online 24/7 is what they are paying for??? 

@Half_a_DayObviously, you decided to ignore everything we are trying to explain about Patreon. My nerves are just fine, I've understood since day one that by subscribing, I'm just helping TMP to maintain the mod as they see fit, that I get some "perks" and I've never asked for anything else in return. Some people subscribe believing that they are buying something and when they see that they are paying every month and not getting any stuff other than the clearly stated for each tier, they just cancel, because they start thinking like "I'm paying for nothing". That's OK, some of us decided to support TMP with single-time donations or by subscribing to Patreon, others decided not to, nothing to argue against that. Each one spends their money as they please.

Back to the topic, TMP already added an exclusive trailer paintjob for patrons (which honestly, I don't use), so maybe they can add other accessories and if they see it doable, why not? I'm 100% for it. I've been asked in-game about the coloured name and badge, when I explained, some of the people who asked might have considered becoming patrons, so any new perks that make a difference could attract new subscribers. Extra points for this, so make it 110% in favour from me.

• Like 2

But this happens right now with every DLC paintjobs or accessories, people choose if they want to buy them or not, if they don't they can't use the contents. It's the same with patrons exclusive content, if you have a subscription, you can use the perks, if you don't, you can't use them. And same as with official DLCs, there are different prices for different contents.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...