AFK Timer

Hotpipinleo

Suggestion Name: AFK Timer Changes

Suggestion Description:  Certain areas of the game (e.g. garages, rest areas, and non-collision areas) have an unlimited, or at the very least increased AFK timer before getting kicked.

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?:  This would be a really neat addition to the game for several reasons.  First, and most important reason is the server does not recognize when someone is at a game menu selecting a new cargo to delivery or making modifications to their trucks.  Almost inevitably, any time I do any truck customizations, I am kicked from the server for being AFK.  I see the addition of a reconnect button is already suggested quite commonly, and for the reason stated, I would be in agreement with this as a feature if the AFK timer is not adjusted.  Secondly, rest areas are designed for people to rest and trucks should be allowed to pull into her and do just that.  Which is why I believe the increased/unlimited AFK timer should only apply to certain areas.  These areas are already partitioned from the game in the sense of non-collisions. And lastly, if a group of individuals or VTCs want to get together and chat or what not, these rest areas could be used for this purpose.

I understand the purpose of the AFK timer and I am in no way recommending to do away with the timer.  I just think there are certain areas of the game (especially while at main menus or customizing a vehicle) that a player should not be kicked from the server, when they are not truly AFK.

• Upvote 14
  • True Story 1

spacer.png

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion!

As of March of this year, the timings of the AFK kick have been adjusted. They vary in relation to player count, and Patron status. A simple diagram explanation can be found here, and a similar explanation from another thread can be found here.  

Safe travels!

Regards,

Krewlex

Community Manager

// Completed