Tab(Player list) in game lag

Unchiu Gabi

Question

Hi guys, I saw that everybody experienced this bug. But it was like back in april or 2019. We're almost in 2021 so when I'm in Calais-Duisburg or Leaving those 2(Even if there is only me or 2-3 more players on tab) my game drops from 75fps(vsync) to 20 or something. Is this normal in 2021? In 2015-2016 when it first appeared truckersmp i didn't experience this lag(Also i was playing on a very bad PC- Windows Xp)

Also, in this video from Darwen at 3:50 minutes that guys doesn't have lag. How is this possible?

My PC Config:

i5 4570(3.2-3.6Ghz)

RX 480(8G)

16G Ram(2x8 ddr3)

Game on SSD[Sata3]

Thank you.

11 answers to this question

Hello, @Unchiu Gabi.

My recommendation is to try to reduce your ETS graphics because the TruckersMP isn't so optimized as the Euro Truck Simulator 2. 

Another thing that you can do is update the graphic card driver.

The last thing that you can do is ask for people who have the same graphic card as you have if they have the same problem.

I hope I help you to solve your issue. If this doesn't solve, please, reply this topic.

Hello @Unchiu Gabi!

First off, thank you for creating a topic. 

To answer your question and help assist with the issue you're facing, I'd like to suggest that you run your game using OpenGL instead of Direct X. 
To do so follow these steps: 
>Go to your Steam library
>Click on your ETS 2 game and select "play"
>Select "Launch with OpenGL" 64 bit
>Drive a short distance and save and exit your game
>After launch your multiplayer

Please let me know if the above mentioned has assisted you. 

Kind regards, 
- TARK777

1 hour ago, ALLIANCE Rubens said:

Hello, @Unchiu Gabi.

My recommendation is to try to reduce your ETS graphics because the TruckersMP isn't so optimized as the Euro Truck Simulator 2. 

Another thing that you can do is update the graphic card driver.

The last thing that you can do is ask for people who have the same graphic card as you have if they have the same problem.

I hope I help you to solve your issue. If this doesn't solve, please, reply this topic.

I'm sure my game can run smoothly at 300 scalling ultra. I'm not giving up on graphics just for that.

42 minutes ago, Unchiu Gabi said:

I'm sure my game can run smoothly at 300 scalling ultra. I'm not giving up on graphics just for that.

Could you give more information as when start, when you changed your GPU, if you have any issue in other game and if you stopped play the ETS2 and returned now.

Reading about your GPU and how the game run in the RX 480, I found a topic talking about an issue with the Direct 9 and the RX 480.

Remembering, check your GPU driver version and the last published by AMD. This type of issue can be solved by driver update. If in the past, the game run without any problem with this GPU, try to use an old version of this driver (NOT RECOMENDED).

Hello there,

Did you get the answer you were looking for with the answers given above?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue/question helps us keep the forum always organized!

Kind Regards,

Krisi1051

TruckersMP - Support & Add-On Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d

2 hours ago, ALLIANCE Rubens said:

Could you give more information as when start, when you changed your GPU, if you have any issue in other game and if you stopped play the ETS2 and returned now.

Reading about your GPU and how the game run in the RX 480, I found a topic talking about an issue with the Direct 9 and the RX 480.

Remembering, check your GPU driver version and the last published by AMD. This type of issue can be solved by driver update. If in the past, the game run without any problem with this GPU, try to use an old version of this driver (NOT RECOMENDED).

I mean that thread is 3 years old. I dont know what to do.

When I started playing ets2mp i had some 8600gt 512mb from nivida(2015-2016) and now i got a prebuilt pc like 1.5-2years ago so those are the specs

There are quite a few tips regarding performance:

• Closing unneeded programs will surely improve performance, since the computer won't have to do as much tasks as before while freeing up some RAM.
  • Try disabling startup entries of programs you don't need in order to reduce the amount of programs that start with the system. You can do so in Task Manager in Startup tab if you're on Windows 10.
  • You can also try using "Maximum performance" power plan - this will ensure that the CPU won't slow down below base speed.
  • Consider cleaning inside of your PC - cleaning the dust out will make sure that there's sufficient airflow through all the cooling fans, along with radiators. When the PC is overheating it will slow down to prevent possible damage by reducing generated heat. 

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

22 hours ago, Titanic4 said:

There are quite a few tips regarding performance:

• Closing unneeded programs will surely improve performance, since the computer won't have to do as much tasks as before while freeing up some RAM.
  • Try disabling startup entries of programs you don't need in order to reduce the amount of programs that start with the system. You can do so in Task Manager in Startup tab if you're on Windows 10.
  • You can also try using "Maximum performance" power plan - this will ensure that the CPU won't slow down below base speed.
  • Consider cleaning inside of your PC - cleaning the dust out will make sure that there's sufficient airflow through all the cooling fans, along with radiators. When the PC is overheating it will slow down to prevent possible damage by reducing generated heat. 

It's not that, thank you

Hello there,   

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thanks to all participation.

Sincerely,
KasperE
TruckersMP - Support

// Locked and Moved to Inactive

Hello there,

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,

General18

TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade