What do you think about the low loader trailers that came with Ets 1.39?

Expectancy

Hey, all ?

I like the new trailers. You don't need any DLC to use these trailers.

Did you like these new trailers?

Here is the view of the trailers.

ets2-20201203-184519-00.png
ets2-20201203-184623-00.png

Sincerely,

Expectancy

TruckersMP - Game Moderator                   
 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0

• Useful Links •
Official TruckerMP Rules | SupportFeedback | Reports | Appeal a Ban

3 minutes ago, Unnamed88008 said:

I haven't used these trailers yet.

I haven't used these trailers too. I think the trailers look nice. I should try it! :love:

I like the new trailer. But I prefer the old trailer. Because it's easy to drive. :P 

Kind Regards,

3601 / hamster

TeamAudi VTC - Event Manager

On 12/5/2020 at 6:12 PM, Beregor said:

Love them but still anoy the shitt out of me that u aint allowed to turn of forced steering or manually override it, totaly destroys the realism

Can you explain why one would want to disable trailer steering on a low loader? Doesn't really make sence..

Trailer steering is there for a reason.. to get easier around the corner with a longer trailer, and save on tire wear!

Also, disabeling trailer steer on a low loader is not realistic.. not even when reversing.. as this almost never happens IRL, and AFAIK fully disabeling trailer steer is not something that excists IRL on your standard "off the shelf" lowloader.. However, manually overriding the trailer steer to do it yourself, is a thing IRL.

Wanna see what happens when you disable trailer steering? go watch the ai in singleplayer hauling a low loader, they cut around every damn corner, cause aperently SCS havent implemented trailer steer on the ai vehicles yet.. it's hillarous to watch honnestly

Also, It's alot easier to manouver with trailer steer than without..

Just jump ingame and get a couple of hours on a lowloader, and you'll do just fine once you're used to it!

I drive these trailers and bigger trailer mods all the time, and honnestly, trailer steer feels second nature, so much even i haven't touched a standard single 18.75m trailer in a while now..

As for the low loaders itself in game as a new addition, this was something I've been waiting for since they released the first ownable trailers.. And finaly they are here! A full overhaul on the old low loaders, bunch of accessories, extended versions of the trailers,.. Nice :D

Good first update on the low loaders, but still needs alot of love left and right, especially the cargo market, as that's a real mess atm, with cargos for a short version trailer also going on a extended version, weight per axle not matching,..

I remember i read somewhere that alot of the weirder cargo were just placeholders, and new cargo, and better optimasation was in the works already! I do not know if that's true however, guess we'll see :)

Somehting I would love to see in future updates:

Clean up of the cargo and cargo market system

Adding more diversity of cargo (more cargo DLC's?)

More axle configurations on the low loaders, especially interdolly's

Adding a ballast trailer

Adding jeep dolly trailers

Adding manual trailer steer override

Adding adjustable suspension

Branded low loaders (Broshuis/Nooteboom)

18 hours ago, DubbelDraaiDeur said:

Can you explain why one would want to disable trailer steering on a low loader? Doesn't really make sence..

Trailer steering is there for a reason.. to get easier around the corner with a longer trailer, and save on tire wear!

Also, disabeling trailer steer on a low loader is not realistic.. not even when reversing.. as this almost never happens IRL, and AFAIK fully disabeling trailer steer is not something that excists IRL on your standard "off the shelf" lowloader.. However, manually overriding the trailer steer to do it yourself, is a thing IRL.

Wanna see what happens when you disable trailer steering? go watch the ai in singleplayer hauling a low loader, they cut around every damn corner, cause aperently SCS havent implemented trailer steer on the ai vehicles yet.. it's hillarous to watch honnestly

Also, It's alot easier to manouver with trailer steer than without..

Just jump ingame and get a couple of hours on a lowloader, and you'll do just fine once you're used to it!

I drive these trailers and bigger trailer mods all the time, and honnestly, trailer steer feels second nature, so much even i haven't touched a standard single 18.75m trailer in a while now..

By your answer i guess u never actually been driving truck in real life. I have over 5 years of experience (real life) with everything from tow truck to special transport with truck and trailer combinations up to 10 axles +

But let me explain this to you

First of we start by reality check.

There are 3 standards when it come to steerable axles on trailers (some say 4)

1, Following axle, this is the cheapest and definitly the most common and it is not limited to special transports u see them also on box trailers.

What it does its just following the trailer so in the corner the grip force the axle to steer, and when truck is set in reverse this axles locks automaticly (so it doesent start to steer the wrong way)

(edit added) On winterroads you almost always lock this axle when driving forward aswell due to if it start steering when u go straight forward (due to snow) it can actallu drag the trailer and truck to the ditch.

2, Following axle with manual override. Also wery common on alot of diffrent types trailers,

This is same as above, but it also have sylinder that can be controled by wireless controller, so driver can with wireless controller decide in what way he want the axle to move when driving forward and reversing, 

when its not controlled by the controller it just behaves like the one above, this one doesent have the same lock tecnique as the above onbe as the sylinder just go to neutral when reversing and that way locks the axle during reverse

and the driver can if he want override with the control

3, The least common, kingpin steerable axle, this one you see usaly on special flatbeds for steel transport, or special lowbeds like "nicholas" system (nicholas system is like lego trailers with diffrent blocks you connect to each other to create wery heavy haulage systems, and are usaly driven by own engine with hydraulic oil)

This is steering by itself out from the kingpin, it is a sensor that know wich grade the truck is compared to trailer and steer the trailer out from this (exactly like it is in ETS), but guess what this is in ALL cases also connected to the driver with a wireless control, so the driver can override it both forward and backward.

Remember system 3 is the closest we come reality in ETS (but without option to override)

So lets get back to what you wrote again why someone would want it.

Many places it wouldent be possible to get in or out from with system number 3 (ETS) style 

since it force the driver to have equal amount of space on both sides of the corner or more, aswell many places you might need to turn cabin more to fit in and when u cant lock steering axle the trailer will want to get unstable aswell will it will start moving in a uncontrolled way for the driver.

There are many places i encountered that a hard lock steering to kingpin just wouldent be able to get in or out without the option to manually override it.

There are several examples i can give when its just not realistic or even workable to have non manual override to the system 3

You talk about tirewear, system 1, you must lock it otherwise it be more tirewear as the axle can turn in oposite direction since nothing holding the axle. On system 2 yes it can be more tire wear, but remember 90% of all normal 3 axles trailes dont have steering axle int he end so it would be same as these ones, on option 3 yes huge ammount of tire wear, BUT at this option in reality its always override when it come to reversing so the tyre wear here is prolly the lowest since driver 90% of the cases manually override the steering due to the steering is not optimized for reversing but for going forward.

I hope this was enough explaining for you on the topic.

Views expressed are my own and do not represent anyone else.

It's a good feature they added. But the fact I don't like is that they added those trailers to the buyable list instead of adding new trucks like the Iveco S Way, new MAN TGX, etc. Game is starts to be boring to me already. Adding the fact you can't drive peacefully because everyone drives 110kmh with 8x4 SCANIAs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @EXPECTANCY,

Thank you for your post on our forums. Unfortunately, as your post has been inactive for 14 days now, I am left with no other option but to move this post to our archived section.

Happy Holidays! ?

Kind Regards,
TFM_George
Community Moderator (Forums)
TruckersMP Team

// Locked and moved to Archive

Archived