Update 1.40 - New HDR Light Processing | Graphics Improvements | New Update for ATS & ETS2 - 2021

Madmex  NL

Update 1.40 - New HDR Light Processing | Graphics Improvements | New Update for ATS & ETS2 - 2021

What will this mean for TruckersMP, many people with a not too strong PC will have problems in SP, but what are the consequences for TruckersMP will they be able to cope with this and will the noise problem be solved if you join 4 trucks are each other. Anyway ok it will certainly be more beautiful.

27 minutes ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

RIP to my low end pc unless you can disable this stuff.

I'm sure that part of the reason that its going to be in a long closed and open beta is partly for optimization. HDR, as far as I know, only gets enabled on HDR capable displays so that should help with lower-end PCs plus I'm sure that there will be more settings added or changed to tweak the lighting and shading in order to get more FPS. 

8 hours ago, MADMEX955 said:

What will this mean for TruckersMP, many people with a not too strong PC will have problems in SP, but what are the consequences for TruckersMP will they be able to cope with this and will the noise problem be solved if you join 4 trucks are each other. Anyway ok it will certainly be more beautiful.

I think that as far as compatibility with TruckersMP goes, it may not be that hard. Probably something along the lines of how long it took for the sound engine update. But, lighting, I think, is mainly more on the user's end rather then on the server and mod's end. The sound engine update required them to update how they synced the mp sounds I believe which is one of the reasons on why it took longer.

That means that you probably have to upgrade your pc or buy a new one if that is possible.

Otherwise you may have a bad time. Or you might need to stay on 1.39

One another note, I heard that the game requirements might not be increased too much, at least that's what the blog post says:

It's an incredible amount of changes to the art, and man-years of work of our programmers to change the graphics pipeline, shaders, and tools, using all the tricks in the book so that we do not drastically increase the games' technical requirements.

https://blog.scssoft.com/2020/11/the-good-news-and-mixed-news.html

The current (minimum | recommended) requirements for ETS2/ATS are:

CPU: Dual-Core CPU 2.4GHz | Quad Core 3 GHz

GPU: nvidia GTS 450 / Intel HD4000 | nvidia GTX 760

RAM: 4 GB | 6 GB

Actually any PC with somewhat up-to-date components in the last 5 years - even laptops - fulfill those recommended requirements. Even the cheap ones. The "newest" component of those requirements is the GTX 760 which was released in 2013 which was 8!! years ago.

I can understand if some of you don't have the money to buy a new computer, but hey, you can still play the game on the "old" 1.39 version and comeback later when you have new hardware.

Even TruckersMP lists system requirements on the download page. https://truckersmp.com/download

And may I tell you about Rule §1.1 which I assume can also be applicable to your PC-hardware

§1.1 - Account and Equipment

Spoiler

You are responsible for your account(s). When rules are being broken, we will punish the account that broke them, no matter who was playing at that time. You are also responsible for the equipment used while driving on TruckersMP. This includes but is not limited to the safe use and maintenance of keyboards, game controllers, mice, steering wheels and similar.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

My computer configuration is very high, I don't have to worry about the game, but the sound has to be solved, because the sound of driving without engine is really hard, and the sound of repeated starting still appears sometimes now

best regards

Player: Zonda R

Surely there should be a way of disabling all these renewed settings for some performance boost if it ever causes any problem. As some people said above, you might want to end up upgrading your PC if the game is heavier than before. If you can handle the costs, go for it. Currently with a 3700X and a 5700XT I'm sure this won't cause any issues when this update comes out, but it probably will on lower-end systems.

.cfg should also do when these settings are not available in the menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @MADMEX955,

Thank you for your post on our forums. Unfortunately, as your post has been inactive for 14 days now, I am left with no other option but to move this post to our archived section.

Kind Regards,
TFM_George
Community Moderator (Forums)
TruckersMP Team

// Locked and moved to Archive

Archived