Not a great first experience

Chilled Trucker

Hi, I'm completely new here, although I've clocked up 456 hours in ETS2.  So today I decided it was time to take the plunge and try multiplayer.  I'm a big fan of simulation games and always play them as they are meant to be played, ie driving under the speed limit, stopping at red lights etc.  I was really looking forward to meeting like minded players, maybe join a convoy or 2 and generally enjoying the whole multiplayer experience.  I joined the simulation server (arcade mode is not for me) for this reason.  However, all I've had all day are players ramming me off the road, jumping red lights at 90km/hr straight into the side of me, driving into the back of me and I've been turned over 4 times and had to abandon the jobs I was on.  I realise that there are ways to report players, but if I had done that each time, I would have spent more time reporting than driving (no exageration).  I was really expecting a great simulation experience, but what I got instead was GTA Euro Truck.  Really not impressed with my experience today at all, so disapointing!  Is it always like this, or have I just been unlucky today?  If this is how multiplayer is on a normal day, I think I'll stick with single player.

sometimes you win sometimes you loose  that how its work here. 

just dont expect ppl to keep up with any traffic rules and just try to stay passive thats what i can tell you for the beginning. 

if you want to get in touch with the multiplayer you better start with Sim server 2 and avoid Sim server 1 at all.   sim 1 is as you noticed a sharktank full of trolls and GTA fused kids. 

sim 2 on the other hand might be less populated but the chances are higher you find ppl like me that just want to enjoy a simulator game. 

16 hours ago, Chilled Trucker said:

Hi, I'm completely new here, although I've clocked up 456 hours in ETS2.  So today I decided it was time to take the plunge and try multiplayer.  I'm a big fan of simulation games and always play them as they are meant to be played, ie driving under the speed limit, stopping at red lights etc.  I was really looking forward to meeting like minded players, maybe join a convoy or 2 and generally enjoying the whole multiplayer experience.  I joined the simulation server (arcade mode is not for me) for this reason.  However, all I've had all day are players ramming me off the road, jumping red lights at 90km/hr straight into the side of me, driving into the back of me and I've been turned over 4 times and had to abandon the jobs I was on.  I realise that there are ways to report players, but if I had done that each time, I would have spent more time reporting than driving (no exageration).  I was really expecting a great simulation experience, but what I got instead was GTA Euro Truck.  Really not impressed with my experience today at all, so disapointing!  Is it always like this, or have I just been unlucky today?  If this is how multiplayer is on a normal day, I think I'll stick with single player.

I suggest to drive in Germany (except Duisburg) like near Dortmund, Frankfurt, Hanover, Hamburg, and Berlin. It's still relatively well populated when the server is full but it's not crowded and I notice most are relatively good drivers outside of CD road. Plus Germany looks good and almost comparable to newer map dlcs now. Hopefully the 3rd Germany rework update comes soon to finish the rework off in southern Germany. There's also this alternate route to Calais and Duisburg which is still relatively populated but not nearly as crowded and there's 2 lanes so you don't need to worry about people cutting you off when overtaking. It's right here: https://prnt.sc/vtszs5 .  Also if you have promods the kirkenes quarry is crowded but most people are good at driving and give way at corners. People are much better drivers on promods and I think the reason is because they value their account more if they own all dlcs. Also it seems like Iceland is getting some more players there again because promods has recently gotten back to 2000 players which happens around 7-8 pm UK time. If you want a decent amount of players in Iceland go there at that time. I made a post about that yesterday because I noticed Iceland is gaining a bit of popularity again, definitely suggest going there so we can make it a bit more populated again: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/100512-lets-make-iceland-popular-again/

This was never an issue till TMP decided to put all different type players in 1 single server called Simulation 1.. it was very peacefull earlier (couple years ago) to drive in simulation servers and you had that other type players that like to drive fast and/or ignore red lights  in EU 2 server so it was basically your own choice to join a server either simulation by the rules  or if you want chaos you simply join EU 2 at your own risk. This has been changed due to the amount of reports according to TMP, i can tell you they made a lot players angry and leave due to the fact everyone was forced to join 1 server with mixed players  trolling, simulation, and players who like to drive fast and still play by the rules and by that i mean for example you have a job of 1000km and you are forced to drive at 90-110km/h on empty roads. Was this the right thing to do? if you ask for my opinion hell no this has been the worst decision they ever made, just like the save editing update 1 year ago where they forced everyone once again how to modify their own trucks can you imagine? its all gone now dont worry i think they realized they went too far this time. Lets talk about reports, i'm a member for a long time now and i used to play this game everyday almost 1500 hours of gameplay and guess what every time i wanna go back and try to enjoy i get trolled/rammed and when i want to report them everytime it says Load on the web report system :High  go ahead and ask yourself is it even worse now? it is and why they done this? because they have no competition. are they listening to their community? nope people lost faith couple years ago

to answer your question: Is it always like this, or have I just been unlucky today? it has been always like this on EU2 server and basically what happened is they removed EU2 and put them all in Sim1 and its getting even worse now i wish you good luck and ignore the kids that come in here and say wHy DoNt YoU pLaY iN aRcAde SeRvEr ¿  

11 hours ago, Road-King said:

This was never an issue till TMP decided to put all different type players in 1 single server called Simulation 1.. it was very peacefull earlier (couple years ago) to drive in simulation servers and you had that other type players that like to drive fast and/or ignore red lights  in EU 2 server so it was basically your own choice to join a server either simulation by the rules  or if you want chaos you simply join EU 2 at your own risk. This has been changed due to the amount of reports according to TMP, i can tell you they made a lot players angry and leave due to the fact everyone was forced to join 1 server with mixed players  trolling, simulation, and players who like to drive fast and still play by the rules and by that i mean for example you have a job of 1000km and you are forced to drive at 90-110km/h on empty roads. Was this the right thing to do? if you ask for my opinion hell no this has been the worst decision they ever made, just like the save editing update 1 year ago where they forced everyone once again how to modify their own trucks can you imagine? its all gone now dont worry i think they realized they went too far this time. Lets talk about reports, i'm a member for a long time now and i used to play this game everyday almost 1500 hours of gameplay and guess what every time i wanna go back and try to enjoy i get trolled/rammed and when i want to report them everytime it says Load on the web report system :High  go ahead and ask yourself is it even worse now? it is and why they done this? because they have no competition. are they listening to their community? nope people lost faith couple years ago

to answer your question: Is it always like this, or have I just been unlucky today? it has been always like this on EU2 server and basically what happened is they removed EU2 and put them all in Sim1 and its getting even worse now i wish you good luck and ignore the kids that come in here and say wHy DoNt YoU pLaY iN aRcAde SeRvEr ¿  

A whole lot of random guessing. You think that the mod team is destroying the mod because it has no competition? The mod is entirely free so what do they gain if they destroy the mod as you have described? 

Anyways play on Sim 2 if you want to have better drivers like others have said.

12 hours ago, Road-King said:

Couldn't agree more with this. TMP is bad for realism players atm since TMP refuses to seperate servers.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

2 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Couldn't agree more with this. TMP is bad for realism players atm since TMP refuses to seperate servers.

I don't understand. There are two simulation servers and an arcade server. How much more separation do you want? TMP can't be blamed for the Youtubers that have brought unrealistic drivers to MP.

If you own all the map DLCs, you can always try the ProMods server. Drivers playing there are much more respectful to the rules compared to the players in other servers. If you don't have all the map DLCs, you can't join the ProMods server, unfortunately. However, you can still avoid the areas within the base game map while playing in Simulation 1 server. For example, there are rarely trolls in Italia DLC area. You can also try Simulation 2 server as it tends to have much less reckless players.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:48 AM, God_Save_The_Queen said:

I don't understand. There are two simulation servers and an arcade server. How much more separation do you want? TMP can't be blamed for the Youtubers that have brought unrealistic drivers to MP.

That's not a seperation? The two SIM servers are identical and arcade is not comparable because the rules do not apply on that server. And the SIM servers aren't even dedicated to ultra-realism like how some players (like OP) would like to play. So I am not sure about which seperation you are talking about. There isn't a server like the one OP is talking about.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

Since when is following the speed limit and stopping at red lights regarded as ultra-realism?

What do you call then considering driving times and rest periods?

The title of a server doesn't make any player drive better, worse or more or less realistic.

It is solely a decision of every single player how (realistic) they want it to be.

A player that takes the realism aspect serious can do that on any server, even on the arcade server.

All it takes is discipline, situational awareness and mutual consideration.

Just like in real life road traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Chilled Trucker,

Thank you for your post on our forums. Unfortunately, as your post has been inactive for 14 days now, I am left with no other option but to move this post to our archived section.

Happy Holidays!

Kind Regards,
TFM_George
Community Moderator (Forums)
TruckersMP Team

// Locked and moved to Archive

Archived