Let's make Iceland popular again!

dragonslayingmaster1000

I noticed promods just hit 2000 players for probably the first time in months and I looked at Iceland on ets2map.com which if you don't know or if you're new to promods mp used to be the most populated area in ETS2MP alongside the kirkenes quarry. Also the Longyearbyen maze used to be relatively popular too. Now with a lower player count there's not as many people in Iceland anymore. Before about Dec 2019/Jan 2020 (2-3 months after promods mp released) there was a good mix of players in the kirkenes quarry and Iceland. As player count declined everyone migrated to kirkenes and Iceland became pretty much dead. I just looked at ets2map.com today because of the increase in player count and I noticed there's a decent amount of people in Iceland and I thought that it would be worth going there again. Maybe not as many as there used to be but we can make it that way if people are committed to going there again and increasing the traffic density. If we can keep pouring into there again and get as many players than there was in 2019 it would be really fun and give us a change from driving in kirkenes because I'm sure people are sick of it already. If this post gets lots of attention or if others can also post about it and spread it around it could happen! I'm going there right now to contribute to the player count since there's 2k players on. 

If Iceland does end up being popular again here's a guide that I made on how to drive safely there: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/89695-how-to-drive-safely-in-iceland/

Best time to get on during the day is about 7-9 pm UK, 2-4 pm EST (US). It seems be well over 2000 players around that time. 8 pm UK seems to be peak player count, it reached around 2550 players Tuesday at that time. New Year's Day it reached over 3100 players, yet Iceland still wasn't populated enough that day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The tight roads in the middle of Iceland have a decent amount of players and there's 2200 players on the server. Might not be able to get the outside roads well populated but let's at least make the middle of Iceland populated again because they are fun and challenging roads to drive on. Get into Iceland! We need more people, Iceland was congested before and I think it's time to make it like that again and get people away from Kirkenes which has been congested in promods for so damn long.

ETS2 has been hitting huge player counts this month and that increased promods player count to 2550 today! A number we haven't seen since promods mp came out where it used to be about 3-4k. This is a great time to split up some of the player base across both Iceland and the quarry. The quarry will always still have lots of players but with the increased player count that brings some potential for Iceland to make a comeback as well. When promods first came out both Iceland and the quarry has a good amount of players split between them. Again get into Iceland especially this weekend it could reach as high as 2750 and maybe even more. It would get rid of much of the crowding we're seeing in Kirkenes which is almost becoming comparable to 2019 when promods mp first came out. Give Iceland some love and drive there. Get the middle of it populated first and then maybe we can maybe expand to the rest of Iceland once we get a good amount of players there.

On 12/16/2020 at 11:49 PM, povgamer said:

If only Promods didn't take me an hour to download.

Are you kidding me? That's nothing.

I go in Iceland just when I want to full my reports slots.

For me is not that funny to find lot of people, because the majority of people are not looking to drive in a real-like way, but they just want to speed with unrealistic settings.

I play with realisti settings, manual shifter and I can't turn at 80 kmp/h or take a turn at 50 kmp/h, and I'm sick to find people that speed or hit me just because they MUST travel at 90 kmp/h all the time.

And this is something I won't never understand, if people don't like to spend time on the street, just don't play a Truck simulator...could be better a game where you just skip the travel and just made the parking :D don't know! :D

5 hours ago, obit8 said:

I go in Iceland just when I want to full my reports slots.

For me is not that funny to find lot of people, because the majority of people are not looking to drive in a real-like way, but they just want to speed with unrealistic settings.

I play with realisti settings, manual shifter and I can't turn at 80 kmp/h or take a turn at 50 kmp/h, and I'm sick to find people that speed or hit me just because they MUST travel at 90 kmp/h all the time.

And this is something I won't never understand, if people don't like to spend time on the street, just don't play a Truck simulator...could be better a game where you just skip the travel and just made the parking :D don't know! :D

I think some people get surprised by the sudden slippery physics changes where they can't turn as good at high speed. If I was able to record my gameplay without lag I would forgive someone if they're going the speed limit and they get messed up by the physics and head on into me but if they're driving way too fast for the corner I would report them. It's really not a huge problem or time waster if someone makes a mistake like that because I can just /fix and be on my way. That's just my opinion on it if they make a honest mistake I forgive them for it.

8 minutes ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I think some people get surprised by the sudden slippery physics changes where they can't turn as good at high speed. If I was able to record my gameplay without lag I would forgive someone if they're going the speed limit and they get messed up by the physics and head on into me but if they're driving way too fast for the corner I would report them. It's really not a huge problem or time waster if someone makes a mistake like that because I can just /fix and be on my way. That's just my opinion on it if they make a honest mistake I forgive them for it.

I totally agree with you, I always wait to see what does the player that hit me.

If he has a good behaviour, usually he just write or tell "sorry man"...when I ear a "sorry" I never record and report a people, mistakes are humans, and an accident can also increase my experience in a simulator, but when I see someone arriving at 100 kp/h in the wrong direction because he wanted to pass another truck in a tunnel, well...that is, for me, Reckless driving...and I'll report the user.

I have a new idea to get more players in Iceland and you guys can help with this too. Just advertise in chat while at Kirkenes or at the quarry. You're probably bound to get at least 2 people out of 100 to actually go with it. It's not much but it will add up if you keep doing it. Say something like "EVERYONE SHOULD GO TO ICELAND AND MAKE IT POPULAR AGAIN! DO SOMETHING NEW RATHER THAN BEING HERE ALL THE TIME! ICELAND IS ALREADY DECENTLY WELL POPULATED! PROMODS HAS REACHED VERY HIGH PLAYER COUNTS AND THIS IS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE ANOTHER POPULAR AREA!" Might need at least 2 chat messages to type all that. A message like that is probably most effective but you can type your own message too. If you know other languages type it in another language too in order to get it to more people.

Today is New Year's Day and promods has reached 2800 players at peak time. That's really impressive because we haven't seen anything close to that for awhile. Saturday and Sunday could potentially reach 3000 players at this rate. More people are coming back to promods now because they see the player count going up significantly. Although most who come in will go to Kirkenes there will be a decent amount of people going to Iceland as well. I noticed because of the higher player count there are actually a decent amount of players in the middle of Iceland on the small snow/dirt roads. This is the ets2map.com of that road https://prnt.sc/wecfau As you can see everything north of that road is also decently populated as well. South of it is pretty dead though unfortunately.

2700 peak Friday, will be quite a bit more on the weekend for sure, great time to populate Iceland. Promods will definitely hit 3000 players again around 8 pm UK, 3 pm EST. Do the advertising in the Kirkenes quarry for a bit like I said then go back to Iceland after promoting it a good amount. Idk if there's much of a good result for me doing it but it's like this right now: https://prnt.sc/wjah6x Keep coming to Iceland, we can make Iceland popular again with the higher player counts! The roads in the middle are fun to drive on because similar to the Kirkenes quarry AI traffic can't drive on there so it's fun to drive there with other players. 

On 1/13/2021 at 4:24 AM, OofBerry said:

Iceland is always full of chinese drivers.

Everytime I drive the middle road on iceland the snowy part is always full and it is 80% drivers from chinese VTC's and they are always carrying train cargo.

I was on the snowy roads in the middle of Iceland and no kidding but there was like 20 trains stuck on the big hill on the east side of it. Kinda nice though because I get to see some traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there.

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We are applying this to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.  

Locked and moved to Archive

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived