What is The One Thing That Annoys You The Most?

HighwayHunter

• HighwayHunter changed the title to What is The One Thing That Annoys You The Most?

Since you posted this in ATS section rather than General, I think that you are refering to ATS Multiplayer. I don't think that there are any annoying things because the ATS players are quite nice and friendly to others. However, minor incidents happen sometimes but mostly I don't like players who cannot drive only in one lane, and when I try to overtake them they ram into me.

I have had only one event where a random player bobtailing rammed me for no reason. Other than that, I don't even mind those who race. In fact, 99% of the time, they let you know they're going to overtake you and the community overall is awesome if we compare it with ETS2, altought the amout of players is quite significant.

The only thing I can think of that annoys me is the fact that almost every company where you load and unload is fucking small, but it's on the game side and not TMP, so nothing can be done.

[ World of Trucks | TrucksBook | TwitchTV | Speed Limit ]

When I downshift to use jakebrake but have entered a lowered speed cap and cannot get into gear because the engine will not rev. Have  to use brakes only to get below speed cap rather than jakebrake to slow down. I use a manaul 18 speed with proper splitter hi/low stick with jakebrake button.

Places that are next to impossible to get into with triple lowboy for delivery or pickup. Cool to have challenges, but a couple places are next to impossible, and if you do not stick the first try, no way to get out and try again. Though that is not really a mp issue, more of an ats itself, though have not had the same difficulty in single player.

Which brings me to issues last night. Lots of people hitting things, when it looks like there is plenty of room. I and others experienced such last night. Which makes one wonder if that was the issue with dropping or getting a load with the triple lowboy I experienced. I also experienced people going way to fast for conditions, they would just blast through passing while in a single lane turn some how they just flew through. Then 15-30 seconds later, get the hit sounds and crash damage. Was like there was some kind of lag going on real bad last night. OR there are people cheating that are running things that protect them from damage. Never the less, multiple things were off last night. I hope such is not going to be common place. 

59 minutes ago, kleetus said:

Which brings me to issues last night. Lots of people hitting things, when it looks like there is plenty of room. I and others experienced such last night. Which makes one wonder if that was the issue with dropping or getting a load with the triple lowboy I experienced. I also experienced people going way to fast for conditions, they would just blast through passing while in a single lane turn some how they just flew through. Then 15-30 seconds later, get the hit sounds and crash damage. Was like there was some kind of lag going on real bad last night. OR there are people cheating that are running things that protect them from damage. Never the less, multiple things were off last night. I hope such is not going to be common place. 

US server was extremely laggy last night, seen a few issues.

Oh yea, forgot about the rearview mirrors. Really sucks that it looks like things are a million miles away. I use a mirror mod in single player that makes things closer and works for backing using the mirrors. I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the rearview mirror fov? without running a mod. As it is impossible to back using the mirrors as they are now in multiplayer. Not really a simulation without being able to back up using the rear view mirrors.

3 minutes ago, kleetus said:

Oh yea, forgot about the rearview mirrors. Really sucks that it looks like things are a million miles away. I use a mirror mod in single player that makes things closer and works for backing using the mirrors. I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the rearview mirror fov? without running a mod. As it is impossible to back using the mirrors as they are now in multiplayer. Not really a simulation without being able to back up using the rear view mirrors.

This guide might help if you haven't seen it. https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13049#p13049

Thank you happymeso, but unfortunately there is no way to change mirror FOV without a mod. Your link provides numerous suggestions for improving graphics and controlling fps, little about mirrors, only distance settings for things to show up in mirrors, nothing for fov. Here is a link to a post on the SCS Forum.  https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=280376

Apparently many have been asking for the ability to change FOV on the mirrors. If you watch the developers broadcast on steam, the devs play without head tracking, shifter, and do not use mirrors to back, they all go to the outside view. Apparently using the mirrors to back is extremely low on their list of needed changes. It is unfortunate that they use the term "simulation" in the name, yet numerous things about the game, is no where near simulation in actuality.

After playing last night for a number of hours on MultiPlayer I came up with a list of the most annoying things. Probably a few more things that I am not recalling this morning. No particular order.

1. RearView Mirrors practically useless. Needs improvement like Mods that increases FOV? Found a fix see post below, untested at this time in multiplayer.
2. Not able to bring rpm's up when entering low speed cap to get into lower gear and use jakebrake. Manual shifter with splitter hi/low & jakebrake buttons.
3. Turn right curve (not 90 degree) at traffic light with yield sign, get red light fine.
4. Red light fine after entering on yellow.
5. Red light fine after leaving on green.

6. When approaching traffic light, goes from green to yellow to red to fast to have a chance to stop. I now understand why people just blow through the lights. The way they work negates all reasons for attempting to stop for them. Might as well get the first red light fine and blow through the rest. Especially when there is 4-6 lights in a row and will get a red light at every intersection, and end up with a fine anyways even though trying to stop for them.
7. Dropping load at mine at night no lights, no backup lights, cannot see all the trailers and walls setup up to make it challenging. Dark blue trailer makes it impossible to see trailer.
8. Always Night when I login.

9. The occasional player that has a total disregard for other players. Most players fortunately are aware of other players and make efforts to make things as jovial and helpful as possible.

10. NO older trucks. Like Mack R, KenWorth K100E, Freightliner FLB, all of which there are mods. New & stock ats/ets trucks sound like crap in comparison, specially the ETS ones.

Part of the problem with the traffic lights seems to be lag. Never the less it causes many/most players to just run through them. I have been watching my ping while around other players. When getting close to some players who have a lower ping, 20-40 my ping goes from 99 to 300-500 for what ever reason, also get stutters when around them. Not all other players cause that, 90% + do not cause that affect. Never the less, until there is a better netcode, and or anti-cheat, things are not going to improve when around certain players, and or when there is a lot of players at a pickup/dropoff point. Not really much going on with 5-10 or even 20 players in one location. Other games with hundreds of players shooting it out and blowing things up, does not cause such a drastic impact on playability as truckersmp with 10 players dropping off and or picking up in one location. I have a gigabit connection and do not have any problems with any other online game.

TruckersMP needs to take a look at their netcode. But then the game itself was not designed for multiplayer, for what ever reason (hard to believe in this day and age), so there is probably only so much they can do.

Ok found mirror setting that helps!

In your profile, not the steam profile, have to change to local profile storage. config.cfg change [ uset g_phys_mirrors "0" ] to [ uset g_phys_mirrors "1" ] anything higher than 1 like 2 or 5 is no different than 1. I have no idea why ATS/SCS does not document config file configurations for their paying customers. Real annoying, as it shows a lack of ethics and or professionalism. 

Have not been able to test on truckersmp due to recent update. I purchased ats when it went to 1.39, took truckersmp a long time to get up to date, even though the beta 1.39 was around for a long time. Then with all the updates with 1.39, nearly every time I go to login, incompatible version. Really mind blowing that there is no native multiplayer, multiplayer has been a mainstay since the mid 1990's. Been playing pc games since 1981 and online cfs's (combat flight simulations) since the mid 1990's, when you had to pay by the minute to play! ATS & TruckersMP is like going back to the 1990's!

If I actually get to play multiplayer, and end up sticking with it, will throw some money and become a patreon. 

For me, everyone seems to be so bloody impatient in the servers. I usually drive realistically, so speed limit, slowing at curves, etc, and everyone's just wizzing by me and telling me to hurry up. I can't for the life of me figure out how people go through the curves so fast without flipping over.

I also don't understand what the rush is. Are you trying to get your load over with? If so, why are you playing in the first place?

Anyways, that's my short rant.

9 hours ago, Steel Driver said:

For me, everyone seems to be so bloody impatient in the servers. I usually drive realistically, so speed limit, slowing at curves, etc, and everyone's just wizzing by me and telling me to hurry up. I can't for the life of me figure out how people go through the curves so fast without flipping over.

I also don't understand what the rush is. Are you trying to get your load over with? If so, why are you playing in the first place?

Anyways, that's my short rant.

I get what you're saying, most of them pass by flying and go through curves like F1 cars. I personally drive within the speed limit as well and 99% of the time I run WoT contracts so my limit is 65mph. I also lower the stability everytime I join so it's more challenging. Fortunately nobody has ever told me to go faster.

For me it's when people use their Beacons with normal trailers, Empty Trailers or otherwise in a manor that is unnecessary ? It's a very minor thing but between that and when people use unrealistic settings on the Sim Server. Over all though I don't tend to get annoyed much, typically get too distracted by the tunnel jakes, scenery and CB to really focus on those things.

What annoys me while playing on TMP servers?

Well...

1. Impatient players

I am driving with the speed limit and player behind me wants to overtake me but due to big traffic he can't do it. He starts spamming with his headlights and horns and also spamming in the chat to tell me to drive faster. Before SCS added FMOD to the game they also spammed with horn.

It can be even more annoying when you're driving a weaker truck (for example Renault) and you slow down because of the terrain. Most of players can't understand that there are more truck brands than Scania and Volvo and other trucks are weaker than these two trucks.

Remember! It's not a racing game!

2. Not respecting traffic signs/lights

I am driving correctly, I have green light or I have priority on road. One player passed the red light and hits me with max speed and he starts insulting me because I was driving correctly.

3. Intentional ramming

One player keeps ramming me because I am driving Scout or I am driving a truck without trailer or because yes.

4. Hackers

I hate hackers. Some time ago I noticed two players (don't remember their nicknames anymore) using a kind of NCZ hack to ram other players and respawn next to them to them to ram them again. They were doing it around 7am UTC when there is almost no chance of meeting a GM.

5. Spammers in chat

I don't like players who keep spamming in chat because someone wasn't doing something as they wanted. For the example:

I was driving a Scout on CD road when I got stuck in traffic jam a player behind me started spamming in chat: "Unnamed turn on emergency lights". In real life I was stuck in traffic for a lot of times and I never seen a car with emergency lights turned on.

And there will be a lot more.

Honestly, its seeing people who have that "bigger is better attitude". The normal truck you see on the server is a W900 with biggest everything, biggest bull bar, and super bright paint job that hurts your eyes. All the trucks look super unrealistic. And then its worse when they say "look at your pussy truck". Whats funny is that sometimes their option is not as superior as yours, but they think it is because the option is lower on the scroll bar in the shop. I am guessing that the majority of people who are like this are new to the game. Just my opinion. I just felt like mentioning that all the trucks you see on the server look like show trucks, and living in North America I can tell you that you would never see trucks like that on a normal basis. But yea. But the worst part of all of that is when people put oversize signs or long load signs and flags on a normal trailer. I wish there was an option to put them on instead of in the shop so that you don't always have to take them on and off. I think if it was a option in the F7 menu, it wouldn't be as much of a problem. But I can't think of what will happen if SCS adds triple axle setups, im sure some goofheads will end up hauling tiny pup trailers with massive trucks. Anyways thats all. I appreciate you making this topic for me to vent on about haha.

#TheBellinghamHillSquad!

image.png.a3ad69454d4bf9bf782b097b769900ad.png

I will miss the good times I had with everybody up on the i5. See you over grapevine. Where I was rested.   ?

• 2 weeks later...

Tbf the thing that annoys me the most ab ATS is Vegas.. That and the amount of people that will recklessly drive along with ramming eachother in Vegas can get annoying. Along with the screaming on the mic. (Hints why Vegas is the best thing to avoid in ATS)

Support | Report | Feedback | Appeal | Recruitment

Kind regards,
Ghøst.

On 12/5/2020 at 5:27 PM, DirtRoadDeputy said:

For me it's when people use their Beacons with normal trailers, Empty Trailers or otherwise in a manor that is unnecessary ? It's a very minor thing but between that and when people use unrealistic settings on the Sim Server. Over all though I don't tend to get annoyed much, typically get too distracted by the tunnel jakes, scenery and CB to really focus on those things.

This is my biggest pet peeve too.  In reality, you can get a ticket for having an amber beacon on when you're operating under conditions that don't require it.

On 12/6/2020 at 2:33 PM, AJ Deere_ said:

Honestly, its seeing people who have that "bigger is better attitude". The normal truck you see on the server is a W900 with biggest everything, biggest bull bar, and super bright paint job that hurts your eyes. All the trucks look super unrealistic. And then its worse when they say "look at your pussy truck".

You're right about that.  What they don't realize is that IRL most of the guys driving aerodynamic condo trucks are rookies or at least newer or unmotivated drivers.  Most real drivers covet the jobs that come with a daycab truck.  I know my favorite job in all of my career was after I got out of my own truck and into a daycab to do linehaul with an LTL company.  I made fantastic money, did all drop & hook, no stress, and was home every day.

Archived