Unreliable Connection with EU Simulation 1 Server alone

ViperSRT

Question

Hi All,

I'm aware that this has been asked before but I could not find an answer to it, so posting the question again, as my issue is related to EU SIM 1 alone. 

I keep getting disconnected from Simulation 1 server all the time within 10 mins of login, stating "Unreliable Connection". I do not see this issue with any other servers, but just EU SIM 1. Even on Event servers where there are more than 100+ players  near me, I do not hit this issue. But somehow EU Simulation 1 server hates me. Not sure why.. Have been facing this issue for quite some time now. I used to avoid EU SIM 1 server for this reason, but I somehow want this issue resolved now.

Please find speed test snapshot attached. Any help is appreciated!!

Speed test-min.jpg

12 answers to this question

Hello @ViperSRT :) 

Here are some things below that me be of help to you, the first suggestion 'turn router off for 1 minute and restart it' may be all it takes to fix your unreliable connection issue. 

Make sure that you have no applications running in the background that could be using internet bandwidth and also make sure that anyone using your connection is not downloading or uploading anything.

You can try, 

Turn router off for 1 minute and restart it

If using wireless making sure that the router is not placed so that it is next to anything electrical such as a television

Purchasing a Cat6 Ethernet Cable and so connecting through cable instead of wirelessly

Clearing the ARP Cache https://techjourney.net/clear-delete-and-refresh-arp-cache-entry/

Resetting your network adapter https://www.home-network-help.com/netsh-winsock.html

Using a VPN service to allow for a possibly stabler connection to the game servers via better routing

Clearing your DNS Cache https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache

Changing DNS to Google's Public DNS, https://www.techworm.net/2016/08/change-default-dns-google-dns-fast-internet-speeds.html

You can also try resetting the Winsock Catalog

step 1: click on windows search program and type "cmd" enter

step 2: once you're in, type "netsh winsock reset catalog" enter

step 3: type "netsh int ip reset.log hit" enter

step 4: restart your computer

Additionally, 

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653

Last resort:

Reset your network adapter, firewall and DHCP.

This page will guide you through what you need to do and explains for different Windows operating systems as you scroll down.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653

You type 

·         netsh int ip reset reset.txt

·         netsh winsock reset

·         netsh advfirewall reset

into a command prompt window

Please try all of these methods, if you are still experiencing issues please say so!

Note:Please try to start TruckersMP always as administrator.If this doesn't working for you, please reinstall your TruckersMP Launcher. Also delete all files in the Documents/TruckersMP folder & in %programdata% also TruckersMP-folders.

Kind Regards

Drexy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Woah! 1

Hello there,

Did you get the answer you were looking for with the answers given above?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue/question helps us keep the forum always organized!

Kind Regards,

Krisi1051

TruckersMP - Support & Add-On Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d eHGAe2j.png

Hi @Drexyy, @Krisi1051 ?

I tried most of it except the "Last resort" section. Also, I played using Wifi and did not connect to VPN either. Tried everything else in the steps provided. The gameplay on sim 1 was much better compared to before. I thought the issue got resolved, but after around 1.2 hours on the server, I was kicked due to "Unreliable Connection". I had the developer console set to 16 for almost 1 hour, and did not observe any issue, be it crowded cities or empty roads. But in the end, the server did kick me out after 1.2 hours. However, this was much better than a kick in 10 mins ?

And yes. nothing was being downloaded in the back ground. I was only listening to truckers FM.

Hello again @ViperSRT :) 

You can check here for your problem:

---Important additional information---

>Do not teleport from the garage to the garage as much as possible

>Avoid going to service with the F7 unless required.

>Avoid fast recording or reverting to automatic recording unless required.

>If you are going to exit Multiplayer, try to go out in quiet and quiet cities. In the same way, if you go out in crowded places, try to play in a quiet area.

Apart from the steps above, you can send a support request to the support team. I think they will suggest these steps, but maybe there is a solution other than these solution methods.

I hope it helps...

Kind Regards

Drexy

• Upvote 1

Hello Again @Drexyy ?

Sure, thanks a lot for the help!! Your original steps made it much better to play on SIM 1. I do not face frequent disconnections like before, but that issue is still there, but much more bearable. So, I guess this thread can be closed for now. Will use the support system if needed. Thanks a lot for the help!! Highly appreciate it!! ?

On 11/26/2020 at 3:18 PM, ViperSRT said:

Hi @Drexyy, @Krisi1051 ?

I tried most of it except the "Last resort" section. Also, I played using Wifi and did not connect to VPN either. Tried everything else in the steps provided. The gameplay on sim 1 was much better compared to before. I thought the issue got resolved, but after around 1.2 hours on the server, I was kicked due to "Unreliable Connection". I had the developer console set to 16 for almost 1 hour, and did not observe any issue, be it crowded cities or empty roads. But in the end, the server did kick me out after 1.2 hours. However, this was much better than a kick in 10 mins ?

And yes. nothing was being downloaded in the back ground. I was only listening to truckers FM.

Hello there :) 

You're mentioning you didn't play with a lan cable but over wifi. If possible, please test with a lan cable instead :) 

Depending on the placement of your router and where your pc is at, turning on a microwave can almost kill your wifi connection. 

It's not limited to just a microwave, other things can make interference aswell (Anything wireless, are very prone to interference from other electronics)

I await your return!

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

• Upvote 1

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello there! :) 

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

You have 1 week to contact us.

I hope you understand. 

Thanks to all participation. :) 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

General18

TruckersMP

OP would like to add a comment to the topic, so topic has been moved to help, for his reply.

After his reply, topic should be ready to be moved to resolved :) 

So no other replies should be needed (Unless OP specifies that it is needed in his reply) :) 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

//Unlocked and Moved to help

• Woah! 1

General18

TruckersMP

Hi @General18,

Thanks a lot for reopening the topic ? I was out of station, so could not reply earlier. You can close the topic after this comment, should be fine ? Just thought of informing what I observed, that's all.. ?

Regarding the LAN cable part which You mentioned, I tried that as well now. But still I see the unreliable connection issue (same as wifi). Basically, my router is right next to the system, so ?

What I observed is that, when the server load is less than 3500-4000 players (approx.), I never face any connectivity issues to it, be it wifi or LAN cable. I did long jobs (without ferry, 2000kms+ jobs via Russia) from Finland (Turku/Kouvola) to Berlin and then from Berlin to Munich. Here is what I observed:

1. When server has less than 3500-4000 players, no connectivity is observed. (Same in wifi/LAN)

2. When server has above 3500 or 4000 players, I start getting unreliable connection issue after some 1 hour of gameplay. And this issue I faced not in heavily populated cities but in Norway, where usually player count is cities is less than 20.

Both scenarios 1 and 2 were done in same internet session, i.e. No modem restarts in between, same IP, no downloads in background, just truckers FM. After scenario 1 above (which took around 2 hours to finish), exited ETS2 and joined the server back again after an hour with scenario 2 and in scenario 2, just the player load on the server was 4000+.

May be this is the reason why I never hit connectivity issues on any other servers like SIM2 or Event servers as player count never exceeds 4000+ on them. Its just my guess, I might be wrong ?, just thought of posting my observations, that's all ? With high player load too, I at least get a good 1.2 hours in single session, so it should be good enough for now ?

Best Regards!!

Edited by ViperSRT
Added last line, missed to add it earlier.