Game crashes after clicking Drive after updating to 1.39

Dr. Krentist

Question

Just updated the game to 1.39 so I can play, only to find that the game crashes with a fatal error when I click drive. Game works fine in singleplayer, but when I log onto the simulation server and try to actually play the game, it just crashes with a popup that just asks if I want to send the data to the devs.

The thing is, a few days ago I installed the autumn mod, and wasn't really sure it worked since I didn't see much of a change, so I kind of forgot about it. Now, when I look into the Documents\American Truck Simulator\mod folder, nothing is there. The article that showed you how to install it is deleted, so I'm not even sure that's the folder where I installed it to begin with.

I made sure the game is the correct version, I took it off any beta branches and in-game the version reads 1.39.2.2 which is the same with the version listed on the announcement. I also tried verifying the game files to no help.

Game worked fine this morning. Now it's all fussy. Any help would be appreciated.

To update: I have re-installed TruckersMP, American Truck Simulator, and have tried wiping TruckersMP clean off my PC, with no changes. I have followed any and all potential fixes on here that had even the slightest relevancy to my problem but apparently it still does not work.

crash.PNG

crash.log last_crash.log

• Upvote 3

9 answers to this question

Hello there,

It is known that Wheel Accessories currently make people crash with 'FATAL ERROR'. So, if you're using such things, please head in to singleplayer and remove any Wheel Accessories that you might have.

These: ZqoAbC8.jpg

After that, please try again :) 

I hope it helps you all :) 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

Edited by General18
Picture added for clarity

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

15 minutes ago, Dr. Krentist said:

Just updated the game to 1.39 so I can play, only to find that the game crashes with a fatal error when I click drive. Game works fine in singleplayer, but when I log onto the simulation server and try to actually play the game, it just crashes with a popup that just asks if I want to send the data to the devs.

The thing is, a few days ago I installed the autumn mod, and wasn't really sure it worked since I didn't see much of a change, so I kind of forgot about it. Now, when I look into the Documents\American Truck Simulator\mod folder, nothing is there. The article that showed you how to install it is deleted, so I'm not even sure that's the folder where I installed it to begin with.

I made sure the game is the correct version, I took it off any beta branches and in-game the version reads 1.39.2.2 which is the same with the version listed on the announcement. I also tried verifying the game files to no help.

Game worked fine this morning. Now it's all fussy. Any help would be appreciated.

crash.PNG

crash.log 214.39 kB · 0 downloads last_crash.log 19.76 kB · 0 downloads

I am experiencing this exact same issue... I have verified game files, locked all trailers, even deleted some trucks I had to make sure they weren't causing an issue, and keeps crashing when I click drive.  I must state that it was working fine for me as well before the new update.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, General18 said:

Hello there,

It is known that Wheel Accessories currently make people crash with 'FATAL ERROR'. So, if you're using such things, please head in to singleplayer and remove any Wheel Accessories that you might have.

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

This did work for me, I read that issue in the News about the release.  So I just logged into MP and then switched to another one of my trucks that didn't have wheel accessories and everything worked fine.  So my issue has been resolved!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, General18 said:

Hello there,

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

I have used a wheel previously, but I haven't used it in a long time, and it's unplugged and in storage. Looking in the settings, the game shows that its using keyboard only. All wheel options are greyed out. is it possible the game is remembering the wheel in some way?

1 minute ago, Dr. Krentist said:

I have used a wheel previously, but I haven't used it in a long time, and it's unplugged and in storage. Looking in the settings, the game shows that its using keyboard only. All wheel options are greyed out. is it possible the game is remembering the wheel in some way?

Not a wheel controller, but the things you can put on your wheel in-game :) 

I hope that explains it :) 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP Support

• Like 1

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

47 minutes ago, General18 said:

Not a wheel controller, but the things you can put on your wheel in-game :) 

I hope that explains it :) 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP Support

oh.

it works now.

Thanks for the help, funny how something that seemed so hard was actually so simple.

• Like 1

Hello there!

Since the best answer was marked, I will move this topic to Solved.

I would like to say a thank you for everyone helping to solve this problem.

If you require any further assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to create another topic, support ticket or get in contact via Discord.

Best Wishes,

KasperE

TruckersMP - Support 

// Locked and moved to Solved Topics