game won't start

shadowspike74

Question

16 answers to this question

Hello!

Have you tried a reinstallation following these instructions?

https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/147

If this does not help try to delete these two folders (if these exist).

• C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache
  • C:\Windows\Temp\WebCache

Furthermore, also try to restart your router.

With kind regards
Lukas

Hello,

Try the following:

Solution 1:
1. Goto C:\ProgramData\TruckersMP
2. Delete both core_ets2mp.dll  files
3. Start Truckersmp launcher as administrator and click on install the files.

Solution 2:
1. Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
2. Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
3. Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
4. Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
5. Restart your Computer
6. Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/
7. Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates"

Solution 3:
1. Download Ultrasurf.
2. Run Ultrasurf.
3. Open TruckersMP in Administrator Mode.
4. Install the available updates (only the first run with Ultrasurf), wait for it to finish and Launch button appears.
5. Exit Ultrasurf

Solution 4:
Open any VPN program and try again.
Turn off firewall and anti-virus programs.
Try turning your router off for 1 minute and then turning it back on and see if you still have connection problems.

Hello @shadowspike74,

First of all, I would like to welcome you on the TruckersMP forum.

If you would like to solve the issue you are going through right now, I recommend you to carefully follow the steps below:

• Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework;
  • Clean your temp files with CCleaner;
  • Check your temp files path (https://imgur.com/mQJyCBR) and make sure it's located at C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache
  • If you don't have "INetCache" folder, make a new folder and name it "temp", open the Windows temp settings (https://imgur.com/A1iJrem) and choose the new path by clicking on Move folder.

If the above steps didn't work for you, open Command Prompt as admin and type net user Administrator /active:yes This will activate the built-in Administrator account.

• Log out your account and log in the Administrator account.
  • Open TruckersMP launcher and install the updates. Try to launch the game and see it if works.
  • Log out again and log back in with your normal account.

If you still have the same error you can keep playing from the Administrator account as a temporary solution. A permanent solution could be to make a clean reinstallation of your Operation System.

Sincerely,

BL4CK$K1LL

Hello there,

Did you get the answer you were looking for with the answers given above?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue/question helps us keep the forum always organized!

Kind Regards,

Krisi1051

TruckersMP - Support & Add-On Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d eHGAe2j.png

28 minutes ago, Lukassrs said:

Hello!

Have you tried a reinstallation following these instructions?

https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/147

If this does not help try to delete these two folders (if these exist).

• C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache
  • C:\Windows\Temp\WebCache

Furthermore, also try to restart your router.

With kind regards
Lukas

thanks for the help but this dose not help with this error 

Hello @shadowspike74,

I know it's already been mentioned but, for the problem you're having, deleting the two webcache folders is almost always the solution.

So please, try following Solution 1 (Solution 1 also mentions a couple ways of how to delete the webcache folders) :)
If solution 1 doesn't fix it, solution 2 will make your windows check for corrupted Windows files (And correct them if it finds any)

Solution 1:

1. Go to "This PC" and copy/paste this path C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache & C:\Windows\Temp\WebCache (if available).
2. Delete all files from both folders.
3. Launch the launcher and try again.

If you're trying to follow the path (opening folders one by one) you'll have to do the following before doing so:

1. Go to "This PC"
2. Go to the top of the window, and select 'View'
3. Set a checkmark in the box saying 'Show hidden elements'
4. Now, try following the path -> C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache

Incase you're not being able to access cache folders:

1) Open CMD as Administrator
2) Enter the following command to direct cmd's focus on the folder where WebCache is stored. "cd C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows"
3) Enter the following command to delete the WebCache folder. "rmdir /q /s WebCache"

Solution 2:

Try opening an elevated (Administrator) cmd and type in the command: sfc /scannow
Then it'll guide you through what to do, when it finishes, restart your pc (It might also ask you to restart before doing the scan, if it does, you'll still have to restart after the scan :-))

I hope this works :) 

If it doesn't work, I got a few more solutions up my sleeve, but lets start with the above 2 solutions :) 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello @shadowspike74

I'm sorry to hear that the above mentioned solutons didn't help fix your problem. 

Please try the following solution aswell:

1) Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
2) Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
3) Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
4) Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
5) Navigate to C:\Documents\ and delete the folders named "ETS2MP" and "ATSMP"
6) Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/
7) Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates" 

I hope it works :) 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

hello @General18

I did what said but my game is still having the error I can't even get into the launcher to update the mod it just takes a few seconds once clicked with admin and gives the error I'm just stuck with the same connection error screen

I maybe 14 years old but I know what kind of errors can happen on windows 10 since 2015 I hated it back then and I still hate it now I just wish I could downgrade to windows 8 or 8.1 but even if I do knowing microsoft too well they will end the service in 3 years time I apologize about me getting off track here

Hello @shadowspike74

Your topic has been inactive for more than 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to "Inactive" topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request (you have 1 week to contact us).

I hope you understand. 

Thanks to everyone for the assistance!

Kind regards,
KasperE
TruckersMP - Support

// Locked and Moved to Inactive

Hello there!

As far as I can see, the following two options of getting rid of this problem have not been suggested yet, but helped in another case:

Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):

1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.

2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.

3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next.

4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next.

5) Click Next on the confirmation window.

6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

Novice Computer User Solution (completely automated):

1) Download (0x80072EE4) repair utility.

2) Install program and click Scan button.

3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.

4) Restart your computer.

You can also find other solutions for this error here: https://www.800error.com/error-code-0x80072ee4-Windows-Store-nicht-Befehl-werden

Hopefully, this can help you to solve the problem.

Kind regards,

Polyxena [GER]

TruckersMP Support

Hello there,

I am going to move this topic to the Unsolved Section because it has been inactive again for a week.
Do not hesitate to contact us again by creating another topic or a support ticket!

Kind Regards,

Krisi1051

TruckersMP - Support & Add-On Team

//locked and moved to Unsolved

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d eHGAe2j.png