Connection Error - Retry?

Mr Cheese

Question

Hey everyone!

I got this problem for over a week now. I never had TruckersMP installed on this System. I downgraded my game correctly, I already wrote with the support, deleted my cache (or at least all I could since Windows is actively using it all the time), cleaned it with CCleaner and so on. Does anyone have any other clues? I´ve struggled with this for over a week and I finally wanna play

image.png.17fede5b4a286d8859f055a3bb3ce992.png

19 answers to this question

Dear @Mr Cheese,

First of all, I would like to welcome you on TruckersMP forum!

To solve the issue you are running through, I recommend you to follow the steps below.

• Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework;
  • Check your temp files path (https://imgur.com/mQJyCBR) and make sure it's located at C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache
  • If you don't have "INetCache" folder make a new folder and name it "temp" and then open the Windows temp settings (https://imgur.com/A1iJrem) and choose the new path by clicking on Move folder...

If the above steps didn't work for you, open Command Prompt as admin and type net user Administrator /active:yes This will activate the built-in Administrator account.

• Log out your account and log in the Administrator account.
  • Open TruckersMP launcher and install the updates. Try to launch the game and see it if works.
  • Log out again and log back in with your normal account.

If you still have the same error you can keep playing from the Administrator account as a temporary solution.  A permanent solution would be to make a clean reinstallation of your Operation System.

Sincerely,

BL4CK$K1LL

Hey there,

In addition to what my good colleague BL4CK$K1LL said, I can also suggest another solution.

The use of a VPN may also be a solution to this problem. I can suggest:

https://ultrasurf.us/

https://windscribe.com/ 

Sometimes changes in your firewall or your ISP can lead to this error and using the VPN doesn't allow these security measures to work on the data that TruckersMP sends.

I hope this helps. Moreover, if your question has been answered at any point, let us know.

In doing so, this helps us keep the forum organised!

Have a wonderful day and let us know if you need anything else.

Kind Regards,

Stubborn__

TruckersMP - Support 

3 hours ago, Mr Cheese said:

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your help! I noticed that I can´t find AppData in the select folder-window in the Cache Dialouge, but it exists if I paste the path. Do you have the same thing?

Thanks!

If I understand you correctly, AppData folder does not appear in your profile folder, but when you paste the path, you can access it. If this is what you tried to explain, then it works in this way for everyone. There is also a command %APPDATA% which will open the AppData folder if you use the command in the Windows search bar.

Sincerely,

BL4CK$K1LL

13 hours ago, Mr Cheese said:

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your help! I noticed that I can´t find AppData in the select folder-window in the Cache Dialouge, but it exists if I paste the path. Do you have the same thing?

Thanks!

Hi, if you want to unhide "Appdata" follow the steps here. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10-97fbc472-c603-9d90-91d0-1166d1d9f4b5

Or you might be able to find fix here, In other similar topic, 

I really hope this helps and have great weekend! 

Regards

SavageXL

Hello @Mr Cheese :) 

If you're unable to delete the two WebCache folders, have a look at my reply to the following topic :) 

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/100099-connection-error-retry/&do=findComment&comment=960711

I hope it helps you too :) 

We await your return!  

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello there, :) 

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thanks to all participation.

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support  

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Hello @Mr Cheese :)  

To get to  C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft folder, you must open hidden files and folders;

Control Panel> Folder Options> View> Show hidden folders, files and drives (Check this option).

You can then reach it by following the path C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft.

I hope it helps...

Kind Regards;

Drexy

Hello @Mr Cheese, sorry for the late reply, if the above answer by Drexyy didn't entirely clarify it, please read the following:

1. Go to "This PC" and copy/paste this path C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache & C:\Windows\Temp\WebCache (if available).
2. Delete all files from both folders.
3. Launch the launcher and try again.

If you're trying to follow the path (opening folders one by one) you'll have to do the following before doing so:

1. Go to "This PC"
2. Go to the top of the window, and select 'View'
3. Set a checkmark in the box saying 'Show hidden elements'
4. Now, try following the path -> C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache

Incase you're not being able to access cache folders:

1) Open CMD as Administrator
2) Enter the following command to direct cmd's focus on the folder where WebCache is stored. "cd C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows"
3) Enter the following command to delete the WebCache folder. "rmdir /q /s WebCache"

I hope it helps :) 

We await your return!  

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

General18

TruckersMP

Hey @MightyPower, sorry, didn´t solve my question sadly.

@General18Thanks! I tried it but it says that files are currently being used, so 4 are left undeleted.

I found an option to always show all folders, but in my selection I can´t find the folder Microsoft in AppData/Low (See Screenshot).

image.png.6aa09e57178ff3c73bded20af474aba9.png

Any more tips left or did I completely break everything? My Word and Excel stopped working btw, saying the TEMP-Variable is gone. Could this have something to do with that?

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Mr Cheese said:

Hey @MightyPower, sorry, didn´t solve my question sadly.

@General18Thanks! I tried it but it says that files are currently being used, so 4 are left undeleted.

I found an option to always show all folders, but in my selection I can´t find the folder Microsoft in AppData/Low (See Screenshot).

image.png.6aa09e57178ff3c73bded20af474aba9.png

Any more tips left or did I completely break everything? My Word and Excel stopped working btw, saying the TEMP-Variable is gone. Could this have something to do with that?

Thanks in advance!

As far as I can see I'm not mentioning 'AppData/Low' only '\AppData\Local' and so on :) 

Regarding:

I tried it but it says that files are currently being used, so 4 are left undeleted.

Try restarting your pc, then try deleting the folders again :) 

If that doesn't help, also try the following:

1) Open CMD as Administrator
2) Enter the following command to direct cmd's focus on the folder where WebCache is stored. "cd C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows"
3) Enter the following command to delete the WebCache folder. "rmdir /q /s WebCache"

If it can't do it, or it gives an error of some sort, try going into Windows safe mode with networking :)

Then do the above commands again.

I hope it helps :) 

We await your return! 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

General18

TruckersMP

Hello there,

I am going to move this topic to the Unsolved Section because it has been inactive again.

Do not hesitate to contact us again by creating another topic or a support ticket!

//Moved to Unsolved

General18

TruckersMP