How to recover your profile after downgrading.

GEMINaai_ZA

Hello!

If your game has updated and you wish to downgrade to play TruckersMP however your profile seems to be incompatible, follow the guide below. 

1. Ensure Cloud saves/sync is turned off for which ever game the issue occurs in. (To check open up the game and select the profile you'd like to recover and click on "Edit") 

Spoiler

unknown.png

Once you're click on the "Edit" option on the profile, unselect/untick the "Use Steam Cloud" option

Spoiler

unknown.png

2. Open up File Explorer and Navigate to Documents then select the game you are having issues with. 

Spoiler

unknown.png

>>>>

Spoiler

unknown.png

>>>>

Spoiler

unknown.png

3. Select the game and enter the folder, once there you find the directory of the game you're having issues with. Look for the latest supported version of Profiles(1.xx.xxxx).bak file. (The version required will be the the most recently modified Steam_Profile_(1.xx.xxxx).bak file.)
I have used Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Version 1.38 as an example hence my folder looks like this Profiles(1.38.xxxx). However as versions update you will need to use the latest supported version. 

Current supported Version is 1.43 so the file you're looking for will be 1.43.xx.bak 

Spoiler

unknown.png

4. Enter the Steam_Profiles_(1.xx.xxxx) File and you will find local backups of your profiles. Select all the profiles>right click>copy 

In this case it is 1.38.1.15.bak . However as mentioned above this applies to the latest Game Version. (please see the above comment if you are still unsure) 

Spoiler

unknown.png

5. Go back to the game Directory and navigate to Profiles folder, enter the Profiles folder and once there right click and paste the profiles you copied in the previous step.  

Spoiler

unknown.png

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=914&height=475

6. Exit the directory and start up the game.

If followed correctly, the game profile(s) should be recovered successfully. 

If you are still unsure and have repeated the same process multiple times, yielding no result I would suggest you go ahead and contact the TruckersMP Support Team  where they can assist you further. 

Please let me know if I have missed anything. 

I would also like to thank @.Stan for assisting me with above post and ensuring it can work for any game version. 

Kind Regards, 
- TARK777 (GEMINI.) 
TruckersMP Game Moderator

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2
  • HaulieLove 2
  • Woah! 2

Both ETS2 and ATS are having -homedir parameter, which can be used to move profiles, mods, etc. to different location. Documents folder is used when the parameter isn't specified, which is the case for most of the players. You could add a bit of info about that parameter in this guide, since some users might be using it when having the issues with incompatible saves.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey! I read all the lines you wrote. There really is very useful information under each title. In fact , I would like many players to read this topic and learn detailed information. I hope the players will regulate themselves. Thank you so much for the information you gave ❤️

King Regards
Scanva Diesel A/S

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey @TARK777

Thanks for the guide I read all of them and they might work for me someday. ❤️ 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 1 month later...