Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

I have a question

Sherlocks

So, I have a friend who basically works on youtube, making ets2 lives and playing with their respective subscribers every day, and he was banned (for the first time) for 7 days after that, even though he was banned, he still had to continue making lives, so he used his secondary account to make the lives, and he was banned permanently, the point is, was it FAIR to be banned PERMANENTLY, just for using his secondary account to work? What I say, is that he could be banned for 1, 2, 3 months, but permanently it was very radical, being that he has never been banned previously for years playing in MP (i'm using google translator kek)

If he has got banned then it is up to him to deal with the ban. He can always appeal it anytime when he wants but when it comes to creating a second account to livestream then this will result as ban evading which the staff will see as unacceptable. The whole main purpose of a ban is to think about your actions the next time you play TruckersMP and take a short break. If he needed to keep making streams then there are plenty of other games on the internet which he could play and maintain his views. He doesn't always need to play TMP as well he could also play single player. Plenty of truck mods on there which he will enjoy if he doesn't want to play any other game. 

3 minutes ago, Smalley said:

If he has got banned then it is up to him to deal with the ban. He can always appeal it anytime when he wants but when it comes to creating a second account to livestream then this will result as ban evading which the staff will see as unacceptable. The whole main purpose of a ban is to think about your actions the next time you play TruckersMP and take a short break. If he needed to keep making streams then there are plenty of other games on the internet which he could play and maintain his views. He doesn't always need to play TMP 

I understand what you say, however, the content it does is basically 90% ets2 online, it happened in the middle of the week, and when I was banned, it took almost 3 days for them to respond to my appeal

You also got to put it into consideration that the Game Moderators can not reply to appeals straight away, it does take time because jobs IRL or dealing with other appeals or even patrolling in game. This is why they ask players to be patient. You will get a response just straight away, Whether 90% of his streams are online he can still keep the viewers entertained whilst playing single player 

30 minutes ago, Smalley said:

You also got to put it into consideration that the Game Moderators can not reply to appeals straight away, it does take time because jobs IRL or dealing with other appeals or even patrolling in game. This is why they ask players to be patient. You will get a response just straight away, Whether 90% of his streams are online he can still keep the viewers entertained whilst playing single player 

Yes, I understand perfectly that it is not possible to respond immediately, however, even banned, he has to continue working, (he is currently in single player) and like me, all his spectators, were entertained playing together with him, our convoys  they were very friendly, everyone followed the rules, but again, was a permanent ban really necessary?  it could have been a longer ban, since he didn't do anything unforgivable previously

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

Yes, I understand perfectly that it is not possible to respond immediately, however, even banned, he has to continue working, (he is currently in single player) and like me, all his spectators, were entertained playing together with him, our convoys  they were very friendly, everyone followed the rules, but again, was a permanent ban really necessary?  it could have been a longer ban, since he didn't do anything unforgivable previously

Well, yes it was. According to TruckersMP rules, which we all need to obey while using this modificafion there is that:

"§1.2 - Ban Evading

Creating or using another account to get around a temporary or permanent ban. If the evidence points that you have ban evaded, staff reserve the right to ban you again without notification. Evidence for ban evading cannot be disclosed due to it containing confidential server-side information."

If he was banned for 7 days, he should've wait those 7 days, especially if he's streaming, if he makes living out of YouTube, he for sure has more than 10k subs so he can do other stuff, ban evading isn't welcome anywhere and it shouldn't be done.

28 minutes ago, theJakso said:

Well, yes it was. According to TruckersMP rules, which we all need to obey while using this modificafion there is that:

"§1.2 - Ban Evading

Creating or using another account to get around a temporary or permanent ban. If the evidence points that you have ban evaded, staff reserve the right to ban you again without notification. Evidence for ban evading cannot be disclosed due to it containing confidential server-side information."

If he was banned for 7 days, he should've wait those 7 days, especially if he's streaming, if he makes living out of YouTube, he for sure has more than 10k subs so he can do other stuff, ban evading isn't welcome anywhere and it shouldn't be done.

I agree that he shouldn't have done this, I also read this rule, and I didn't see it anywhere specifying a permanent ban, that's what I don't understand, on the calais - Duisburg road, people do things much worse than evading ban  and are not punished, if you go there for 5 minutes you will see

10 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

I agree that he shouldn't have done this, I also read this rule, and I didn't see it anywhere specifying a permanent ban, that's what I don't understand, on the calais - Duisburg road, people do things much worse than evading ban  and are not punished, if you go there for 5 minutes you will see

Most of people that i reported, got banned according to what they did, if you look up my ban history, you will see that i got banned as well, but i "served" my time and now I'm not breaking the rules. Perm ban is usually used by ban evading, it's punishment for the fact that someone is making mockery out of the rules by evading a punishment for something he did and there is nothing more to it.

Its clearly stated in the rules (If you haven't read them I suggest you do https://truckersmp.com/rules ). You have to agree to before joining the game that ban evading is an offence worthy of a permanent ban. By evading a ban using a different account your essentially ignoring a restriction that has been placed on you by a member of staff for something that was your fault. These rules are also shown at multiple different points and its your friends job to read them. The specific rule is bellow.

§1.2 - Ban Evading

Creating or using another account to get around a temporary or permanent ban. If the evidence points that you have ban evaded, staff reserve the right to ban you again without notification. Evidence for ban evading cannot be disclosed due to it containing confidential server-side information.

If your friend really was "Working" By creating content on TMP then he clearly should have thought ahead before deciding to try and evade his ban. There are appeals for a reason if the ban was unfair if not he could have just waited for the period of his ban. In my opinion this is completely his fault and he should have read the rules before breaking them. ?

**Kind regards,**

effinghamjnr.png?ex=65d54980&is=65c2d480

14 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

the point is, was it FAIR to be banned PERMANENTLY, just for using his secondary account to work?

1. Yes, it is considered to be fair to be banned permanently for this offense.
2. It does not matter if your friend violated the game rules for pleasure or for his work. It remains a violation of the game rules, which he agreed to follow by joining TruckersMP.

Sherlocks, hopefully this won't seem harsh. Your so called friend sounds like has enough brains pc wise, having several accounts etc.

Surely, if they felt the bans too harsh, &, or inappropriate, surely, they must have enough brains to address the infraction / sentence themselves,

with TMPs court system.

I must admit, reading the discussion, has me feeling yourself & friend, one in the same user.

As to a permanent ban, does seem rather harsh, after all just a game when all said & done.

Perhaps so called friend may wish to plead temp insanity like IRL court system.

Myself being a noob within TMP, not so sure I understand every concept, for. I joined feeling may

be a place for real ops away from SP mode, which felt rather lonely. What little time I've spent with TMP

find plenty of areas within the sim lacking realness, along with what I would call real world infractions of the rd.

Due to the laws of TMP, I try my best to take care of my own doorstep, sadly pay little attn to other owner operators while in MP mode, I'm learning.

Sadly, I'm unable to change the world...lol...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Sherlocks,

Thank you for your post on our forums. Unfortunately, as your post has been inactive for 14 days now, I am left with no other option but to move this post to our archived section.

Kind Regards,
TFM_George
Community Moderator (Forums)
TruckersMP Team

// Locked and moved to Archive

Archived